Do you eat celery with peanut butter?

That is the one snack I could never eat . . . celery with peanut butter! I don't "understand" the appeal . . . it just tastes like celery AND peanut butter to me . . . the tastes don't meld together. I've never been a fan of apple and peanut butter either. Give me a Reese's peanut butter cup and I'll eat those anytime - ha ha. Do you eat celery with peanut butter? Are there common snacks like this that other people eat that you wouldn't dare touch?
@sacmom (14315)
Hi much2say. I don't really care for it now and I haven't had any in years, but when I was growing up I did. For some reason I liked it a lot. As I grew older I didn't care for it so much. Guess you could say that my taste buds changed. LOL I can't think of any common snacks, but I know a lot of people like grapefruit. I never cared for it though. As far as peanut butter cups go, I always liked those. LOL Have you ever tried putting them in the freezer? They're delicious! LOL Happy mylotting!
Hi sacmom! That's interesting you liked celery and peanut butter as a kid, but not as an adult!! I never liked it at all - ha ha. I didn't care for grapefruit as a kid, but now I like it. Isn't it funny how our taste buds change? OH - I always cared for peanut butter cups - ha ha. I've never put those in the freezer, but we have put Snickers in the freezer at times - YUM! I'm going to the market later . . . I'm gonna get me some peanut butter cups - shall I send some your way?
@sacmom (14315)
Sure! Sounds good. Thanks!
Sacmom - sorry, I ate 'em all - hee hee !
Since I was a young kid I always noticed people mostly kids eating celery with peanut butter on it. To me that looked so gross I couldnt imagine eating it. About two months back I was at my aunts house and she made chicken divan and pizza loaded with peppers, pepperoni and sausage on it. I couldnt eat any of that stuff since I'm a vegetarian. The kids didnt want the celery with peanut butter and sunflower kernals on them and since I was so very hungry I decided to try it. Oh my gosh I loved it. After that I craved it for about a month until I went out and bought the ingredients and started eating it. I've eaten it every day for a month for lunch. I love it!
Wow - really? Now I've noticed that my taste buds have changed since I've "gotten older" - but I just don't know about the celery peanut butter thing. My husband made it a few weeks ago and I took a bite . . . ehhhh, my tongue still gets twisted not knowing what to think of the taste - hee hee. But interesting you put sunflower kernals on it - did it unite the tastes somehow?
Well when I was at my aunts house one time she had made these celery with peanut butter and sunflower keranls on them. I was so hungry and there wasnt much food I could eat since she had made a lot of meat and I am a vegetarian so since the kids werent eating the celery I ate that and wow I was so in love haha. The sunflower kernals on top just give it a little saltier and crunchier.
Ok, I'll have to try that one - ha ha!! Did the sunflower kernels have salt on them? Even though I don't like the celery and peanut butter combination - for some reason I can picture the sunflower seeds on it. I actually had a craving for sunflower seeds a couple months ago .. . we bought little packets for my daughter's goodie bags for her birthday . . . I ate the leftovers packages - hee hee!
hi much2say guess I am one of the weird ones as I like celery with peanut butter and apples with peanut butter'but celery with cream cheese is the best wow. now I do not see the idea]of chocolate with chicken that is one that does curdle my insides for sure.Another weird combo is pickle with peanut butter. That is revolting but chicken with chocolate makes me feel like vomiting as its just gross sounding to me
Hiya Hatley! How are you? Oh yah, I could never understand apples and peanut butter either - ha ha - but I understand that better than I do the celery thing!!! Now cream cheese and celery actually sounds appealing to me. I guess cream cheese kinda goes with everything as the taste is not strong. Chocolate and chicken . . . what recipe is that . . . like chocolate covered? My father in law's secret ingredient to his chili was chocolate . . . one would never detect it!! I can't remember if it was beef or chicken that he used as it's been so long since he's cooked, but it was really good!! But if it's straight chocolate like a sauce over chicken . . . hmmm, I just don't know!!! Say are you still in the OC? Hope you are doing well . . . happy holidays to ya - celery peanut butter and all!!!
@crys7881 (267)
You and me both!! lol I just don't understand how people like eating celery with peanut butter!! GROSS!! But I do like apples with peanut butter, I atea that all the time when I was pregnant!
Hee hee! My husband used to eat both (the celery and the apples with peanut butter). Maybe it's one of those things you like if you grew up with it . . . my mom probably would never think to make such a combination. I think I could see eating apples with peanut butter before celery (wayyyy before celery - ha ha!).
@jugsjugs (13045)
I never eat peanut butter as i do not like it.
No peanut butter for jugsjugs? Have you tried almond butter? It's not as sweet as peanut butter (I actually like peanut butter better, but almond butter was just another option I tried recently) - but these days I'm enjoying it on toast. I'm trying to try all these other nut butters just to be different.