Why is Liz Cheney Afraid of Rachel Maddow?

@anniepa (27238)
Liz Cheney, daughter of the D1ck Cheney, has formed a group she calls "Keep America Safe". "Keep America SAfe" has released an ad in which they attack several members of the media, particularly those from MSNBC and including Rachel Maddow, asking "What are they so afraid of?" and claiming they refuse to debate the issues. The problem is these commentators, especially Rachel, HAVE repeatedly invited Cheney to appear on their shows to do just that - DEBATE THE ISSUES - but the invitations have been declined over and over again! Here is what Maddow had to say: "Our booking producers have been calling Liz Cheney and asking her to come on this show and discuss her ideas, debate the issues, for months. We have called her many, many, many times, including twice on Friday. So far she has declined every single invitation that we have extended. I understand. A lot of people say no to being on this show, but not a lot of them do so while claiming that MSNBC is afraid to debate them." You can see the "Keep America Safe" ad and the video of Rachel again extending an invitation to Cheney here: http://rawstory.com/2009/10/maddow-challenges-liz-cheney/ I know most of you here hate MSNBC and REALLY hate Rachel but do you really think it's right to accuse someone of being "afraid" to debate you when YOU'RE the one who has declined invitations to do just that? Annie
@Taskr36 (13925)
Well Maddow disgust me and I would never go on a show like hers. Of course, I wouldn't then claim she refuses to debate people with opposing views either. I can't stand the woman, but I have at least seen her debate with Pat Buchanan on her show. Politicians on both sides do this. Rep Grayson for example is too big a coward to discuss his behavior on any networks. He just released a "print" statement of apology and it took him a month to do even that. Note, this is the guy whose website is "congressmanwithguts.com"
@anniepa (27238)
"Rep Grayson for example is too big a coward to discuss his behavior on any networks. He just released a "print" statement of apology and it took him a month to do even that. Note, this is the guy whose website is "congressmanwithguts.com"" OK, I give up...what are you talking about, Taskr? Grayson has been all over the TV for several weeks now, ever since his "Die Quickly" presentation. WHAT took him a month to release an apology for? If it was the "K Street wh0re" remark, his office released a statement the next day. Annie
@Taskr36 (13925)
"If it was the "K Street wh0re" remark, his office released a statement the next day." What planet are you living on Annie? Not only did it take him a month to apologize, but his spokesperson actually DEFENDED the wh0re comment initially. "Amid growing criticism from across the political spectrum, Rep. Alan Grayson said late Tuesday it was inappropriate for him to call Fed adviser Linda Robertson a "K Street wh0re" during an interview last month on the "Alex Jones Show," a syndicated talk radio program." : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/28/grayson-issues-apology-fo_n_336545.html
@anniepa (27238)
The Huffington Post, Taskr? Surely you don't believe that hate blog!! Seriously, I was mistaken about when that remark was made, I'd sincerely thought it had just happened because I'd first heard about it just the other day. I apologize, and I didn't take over a month...lol! Actually, I have a good excuse - I was on the planet Ork visiting my old pal Mork who is a cousin of President Obama and was present at his birth, or rather his hatching. OOPS!! Now I've gone and let the secret out!! Annie
@ZephyrSun (7385)
I really like Maddow she has a great education and calls out both sides when they do stupid things. I always look at things like this, put up or shut up. Cheney either needs to go on the show, or invite Maddow somewhere to debate, or shut up.
@opalina143 (1237)
• Morristown, New Jersey
Thank you for this information. Yet another example of Right wing lies and subterfuge.
Yes. Another example of it ONLY happening on the "Right wing." Murder everyone who isn't left wing! There's the solution. Damn them. Damn them to hell.
@suspenseful (40316)
So how old is Liz Cheney? If she is a young woman, she may be overwhelmed and she may be better at writing then speaking. I know that I am. I will speak in front of an audience, but I will have a prepared speech and that is all. Even when I sing, I practiced a lot before I went in front. It could be as simple as that. She might be better at writing letters, and making blogs then getting up and speaking to an audience. Besides if she did and Rachel Maddow ran her through the wringer, you would probably be jumping up and down for joy and glad of Liz's embarrassment and that is not a thing that I would want to happen.
@anniepa (27238)
Suspenseful, I'm not exactly sure how old she is but I'd guess mid-thirties to early forties, somewhere around there. She's not at all shy about speaking in front of an audience or the TV cameras, she's been doing it on a regular basis for months. She's gone on discussion shows in the past and debated her points but she's very particular about who she'll go up against. I'm really not someone who enjoys seeing someone else embarrassed or humiliated. IF she and Rachel debated and Rachel made her points effectively and Liz failed to make hers I wouldn't be jumping up and down for joy or glad of Liz's embarrassment but I would be glad if I'd heard a good debate where both sides were heard. What's so wrong with that? Annie
@suspenseful (40316)
It is your motives. I mean you are all for the Democratic party so if Liz Cheney is a republican, you may secretly wish for her failure although you do not know it. It also might be that if Rachel is a much better speaker then even if Liz Cheney makes sense, Rachel might twist her words around. And if Liz Cheney knows that no matter what she is, her words would be twisted around, it is best to not go. Another reason is that perhaps Liz has another place to go then and she could not cancel it. There are priorities.