In life, do you realize that "You Are What You Think?"

Sometimes, this line is true, what our mind conceived, our body can achieve. If we think that we are strong and have the ability to do it, we can do it. If we think the positive side, positive reaction follows. Then if you think you are sick, then suddenly you will feel that you are sick. "You are what you think" are you familiar with this line?
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi airasheila, This idea has been around for a few years now, and it seems to be finally taking hold. Many are now saying that we create our own future by our thoughts today. I think that there is a lot of truth to that and we may be on the threshold of something very big here. Probably more important than thinking is imagination. Neale Donald Walsch, best selling author of the "Conversation with God" series writes in one of his daily "I believe God wants you to know" messages; "Imagination is your greatest gift, do not be afraid to use it. Imagine yourself as being okay right now. Totally okay. Imagine yourself as whole,complete and perfect, with nothing to change, nothing to improve. Imagine your heart as being open again, your life as if it were starting over in the most important ways.Can you imagine this? Then you have just created tomorrow". Although there were pioneers in this thought, as early as the 1800's, most ended up starting a new religion or should I say denomination with Christianity in particular. One of the earliest to bring this way of thinking to the traditional church was the late Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, author of "The Power of Positive Thinking" published in the 1950's, and a hold of other books over the next thirty or so years. Other great writers followed him. In recent years however, many have gone far beyond beyond some of Peale's ideas, although he may have been ready for it, but felt the world was not. Think about it or better still imagine it. Blessings.
@Trensue (5268)
I think it plays a part, but I am not sure it is the whole game. I know a woman who says every day the universe is giving her money and she has positive thoughts, just no money. Thoughts control actions and actions bring results. (I just made that up - what do you think?)
@lrglara (1343)
i've heard this before... same goes with food "you are what you eat"... anyway, i really do think that your thoughts make you what you are. it motivates you to do things and achieve goals... as long as its not something bad, if you think it will help you achieve your goals, GO FOR IT! sure do hope i can achieve my goals! (",)