How long could you go without doing the laundry?

Australia
If you used everything in your wardrobe & drawers? For me, if I used all my shirts, shorts, skirts & jeans, I could probably last 2 - 3 months...bring underwear into the equation & it would probably be about a month...I know I need to get rid of some clothes but I wear just about everything in my wardrobe & have gotten rid of heaps too....what about you?
@peavey (16300)
About three weeks. I'd run out of underwear and socks by then. I have more shirts and I usually wear my pants and jeans more than once. I'd hate to have to do all that laundry at one time, though!
me too - I'd be going for days with the washing machine going 24/7!!! I would also run out of space on the clothes line real quick!
@peavey (16300)
Thanks for best response. :)
@maximax8 (27334)
When I am traveling it is not always easy to do the laundry. If I was not able to do it in a washing machine I did hand wash my clothes. However in Australia one time my washing was hanging on a line and then it when missing. So at my next destination I had to buy new clothes. I couldn't last more than two weeks without doing my laundry.
Sometimes I wish I had less clothes...That's bad that your washing got stolen here in Australia!!
A lot of times depends on the weather and what you do, e.g. when it's hot and you perspires, or if you spent a lot of time outdoor, you may need to change more frequent, otherwise you can wear the same clothes longer.
@shibham (17025)
hi there. i seldom throw my cloths to laundry. usuall y i wear jeans and tshirts, so i dont feel that i should iron these clothes properly. i am not toomuch conscious about my dresses. thanks.
I don't usually iron my clothes either - I just hang them up & by the time I want to wear them again, they have no creases.
@syankee525 (6295)
humm i think like two to three weeks. i have so many jeans and shirts that is the problme but its clean boxer i run out of first
fair enough...if I added bras into the equation I wouldn't be able to go longer than about a week
I have tons of t-shirts and jeans - the jeans I wear many times before I wash them. lol Like 3 or 4, I know some people think that's terrible but it's good for the environment!(wash less clothes= waste less water). But I'd run out of socks and stuff after about two or three weeks. So I could only go two or three weeks.
I completely understand...I don't normally wash my jeans after the first time I wear them unless I've been in them for hours or they get REALLY dirty.
@cream97 (29169)
Hi, moonchild. It has been times where I went about two months without having my clothing washed. Without the lack of money this happened. But, I can't go too long because I need my clothes now. I don't have that many that can stay dirty for so long. I would have to wash them in a week or two.
Yeah, when it comes to summer, i don't have that many sleeveless shirts so I could only go about 2 - 3 weeks including summer dresses.
The washing machines in our apartment are all coin oporated, so we only do laundry when we have enough clothing to totally fill them. LOL It costs $1.50 to wash a load, and another $1.50 to dry a load, so we are going to fill the machines to capasity before we do our laundry, in order to use as little money as possible.
I was the same when I lived in a caravan park but the good thing there was that they had clothes lines & if worse came to worse, i could hang up my clothes in my annex.