Until I can afford better walking shoes I'm not taking walks!

The past month I have been taking a few walks on breaks at work. Last week I developed a blister under my right foot near the toes. The blister has not poped or gone away,yet! I have had this problem before! I have flat feet and that doesn't help! I also use orthitics in my shoes. I still continue to have problems! I wantn to walk so I can feel better and maybe lose a little weight! I have been using a pair of New Balance shoes but I can't wear those for exercise! If I want some really good shoes I'll have to pay the price! Any suggestions? I could use the help!
@jb78000 (15173)
well the best walking shoes i have came from a charity shop and cost £4 - you could try secondhand shops or even freecycle. or ask around your friends perhaps for a pair you could just borrow now and again.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Hey jb, have pumps got a more modern name now?
@jb78000 (15173)
trainers
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
No, pumps or plimsolls are not the same as trainers but you never hear of them anymore but I've got something similair that isn't either. Anyway they wouldn't annoy bluspackers blister as much as walking shoes would.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Hi bluespacker, I walk a bit in the winter and don't use special walking shoes but then again it's not over rough terrain. If you're just walking where the conditions aren't too bad in work breaks then just try what we used to call 'pumps' in the UK, they were basic gym shoes before fancy trainers were invented. Mine are just in light water proof courdroy with lace ups and a reasonably good sole and were cheap in a sale. I only walk less than 2 miles at a time though but they've proved fine. Walking is an excellent way to keep the weight off and to tone up, just remember always walk straight with stomach in and chest out and with neck aligned, and never forget the bottle of water.
Thanks for the response.
@jb78000 (15173)
i think this is very good advice thea.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Thank you jb. After neglecting the walks due to the boiling heat followed by intense rains, my friend and I will be resuming them this week. Perfect on a clear day with a welcome spray from the sea below.
@cream97 (29169)
I do know that they have some kind of material that a person could put in their shoes to keep from their blisters and bunions appearing. I think that it is the Healthy Living magazine by Amerimark. I once walked with sandals on when I was pregnant with my third child, and I had a dark mark from my shoes. It was formed around the straps of my sandals on my feet. The straps rubbed up against my feet as I was walking and it caused a mark. I will never walk like this again with sandals on.
I broken down not to long ago and bought a pair of Stetchers (spelling is probaly wrong) shoes for walking. I have not used them alot for walking, yet. I have a heel problem that makes feel like not walking! It has been so hot and humid this summer I have not felt like walking outside! I am very inconsistent! Someday maybe I will be!
@srganesh (6350)
We should not find excuses to avoid walking.If you want to lose some weight seriously,you can always find a way.You can ask an advice from your doctor to avoid those blisters.In fact,walking with bare foot is good for your health.Since there are more nerve endings in the foot,they will be well stimulated and improves your health factor. By the way,this post seems 3 months old,what is the improvement you have seen in these days?How much weight you have shed?
Nothing at all!