dancing to umpalumpas

My kids love watching the new version of Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory to the point we are on disk #2. So to be silly when Augustus Gloop got stuck and the umpalumpas did their first lil dance I was kinda following along with it and my oldest was cracking up. I was just trying to be silly and see what she'd do or maybe she'd join in. So it's kinda backfiring on me a tiny bit everytime they do a lil song she's telling me to get up and dance with the umpalumpas And I'm obliging since I could use a lil break from this chair every few mintues to be silly.
@xfahctor (14131)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
there is no willie wonka but Wylder. I can't bring myself to see the new one really, loved the old one, but some characters you just can't remake and Gene Wylder's Willy Wonka is the only Wonka.
I barely remeber the origional one. But I am a fan of Johnny Depp and I heard alot of people liked this one so we gave it a whirl. I know it won't be the same but give it a chance.
@dragon54u (31636)
X, the new version is one I resisted for awhile. But my son insisted I watch it. He saw the original and told me the remake humanized Wonka way past the original version. The characters were so well developed that I think you will like it. Wonka in the remake is a little darker but you'll see the reason for it. I hope you'll watch it. I'm not one that usually enjoys re-makes, but this one is great! The only thing I didn't like was the computer generated, identical Oompaloompas. But that was a pretty minor point.
Me and my sis find it silly and scary....We felt sorry coz we don't have kids on our house to enjoy it.
The only part I really dislike in that movie is in the beginning when the Golden Ticket winners go to the factory & he has that anamatronic show that starts on fire & the eye of one of the robots falls out as they melted wich I didn't feel it was necessary to be that gross. But it was made by Tim Burton so what can one expect?
@dragon54u (31636)
I was kind of leery about the new version, I so loved Gene Wilder in that role! But Johnny Depp did a terrific job and really humanized Wonka. I did prefer the original Oompaloomas, though, I didn't like the computer generated identical ones. I used to get up and dance during movies and tv shows, too. My boys would join in! We had a lot of fun with the few tv shows we watched. I favored the KidSongs videos that had good music we could dance to and taught good lessons. Willie Wonka was one of their favorites and as adults they enjoyed the new version, too! I have to say, I SO enjoy hearing about a mother that enjoys her children and actually plays with them! That's so rare these days. You are doing the most important job in the world and making a contribution that will do the world more good than any scientific discovery.
TY Dragon! I was still hoping she would of danced w/ me. But she kept telling me she didn't know how... I can't dance for the love of me but we've seen the movie enough one can follow along. & I think they do have a lil extra on the dvd that you can learn one of the dances or maybe that's another movie/dvd? Like I said I don't really remember the origional one with Wylder in it. I agree he did make him a lil dark, but in an unusual way in his portrayal of Willie. One minute he seemed like a lunitic, introverted, mastermind, ect.... THough the only part I could of done without was when the puppets at the beginning caught on fire and the one's eye popped out. Even if it was a toy I don't think it was necessary...