The Breeders Cup Classic

@Trensue (5265)
I am not sure many people on here follow horse racing, but today I would like to share. I love watching the races and understand, with all big money sports there are decisions made that affect outcome. I enjoyed hanging out all day at the sports bar in the casino and watching all the racing. The media had set up the classic to a T and the outcome was determined long before the race ever happened. However, this time it was so obvious it was sad. The jockeys simply moved off the rail so the horse could maneuver up through traffic. The jockey of the winning horse did have to do some finagling after he cleared the pack, but the race was over before it began. It made me sad. She's a great horse, but she was given a pass. Really, go and watch about three races and then watch the replay of this one. Is there any other race where all the horses moved off the rail for one horse? If there is I really want to hear about it. She's a good enough horse and he is a good enough jockey that they should have been given the chance to run a real race.
@Canellita (12059)
I don't know anything about horse racing so I can't comment. Sorry you didn't have a better time.
@Trensue (5265)
I didn't have a bad time. I love watching people. It would seem like no one here watches any horse racing. I guess I have learned something new. Thanks for responding I would have hated it to sit in no reply for the next year.
@Canellita (12059)
I seem to remember the topic coming up before; I guess those people jusr aren't that active on myLot.
Hi Trensue, I actually do enjoy going to the track and watching the races live or if not possible at an OTB. This year though I didn't watch the Breeder's Cup, but my significant other is huge into horse racing. He told me he had a rather good day but didn't mention the particular race that you are referring to and I will ask him and get back to you on his take. Last year we went to Saratoga for the races in August and that was a blast. I don't do well betting but like you I love the people watching and just watching the races too.
@Trensue (5265)
Am I am anxious to see if he feels the same way. I keep watching it and nothing is changing for me.