Do you ever have a day when you are feeling a bit down,

@jugsjugs (13045)
you are feeling down and do not know why.I have had a few of those just lately and i do not know why.Maybe it is because of the cold miserable days or i am just tired of the same boring routine.I just can not seem to snap out of it.
@pyewacket (44036)
LOL--you're not alone. Seems everyone I know is going through some kind of downer phase including me. I don't mind the cold weather, but do hate the time change that I still haven't adjusted to. And I too, want to "snap" out of it, but haven't been able to. If you're feeling anything like I am, I also seem to have brain fog in which I can't concentrate well, and low energy---it downright sucks when I know I should be doing things but just not in the mood. My friend down the block is complaining of the same exact malaise.
• Marion, Kansas
I will join in these complaints. I find if I plan ahead somewhat it helps. Like, it is much easier to get up in the morning if I know which clothes I will be putting on. It is much easier to pick the right clothes if I can find a pair of socks. It just goes on and on.
Trust me, I have a lot of those days. Sometimes it's because I miss the warm weather, sometimes it's because I feel alone, sometimes it's just because I'm so bored and can't find something to do. And actually, sometimes I really don't know why I'm down, it just happens. But I usually snap out of it the next day.
@drannhh (15080)
Many people have expressed this kind of feeling to me, but as for myself, no, I have never experienced that. I have had some bad days, but I alway knrw why. I do hope you are happier soon. Maybe it is just being stuck in a rut and perhaps you could do something to shake up your routine.
@rg0205 (2638)
I think we've all experienced that sometime. Maybe you're unconsciously upset over something or just not happy right now. I don't know. When I get like that, I just try and do things that I enjoy or go to the gym. I try to distract myself by doing things I enjoy.
• Marion, Kansas
You have probably labelled both problems accurately. Do what you can to get more light. Do something that will shake up your routine. I am telling myself that I need to take some vitamins.
@winterose (39922)
yep I have had quite a few of those days, hormones do that to you as well. It could be so many different things. It is hard to say, what the cause is from each time.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Yes that happens to me at least once every other week for at least two days straight. I sometimes wish I knew why this happens. I feel I have no control over it and it can become even more depressing not knowing why this occurs. I can't even blame it on the weather because it has been sunny and warm everyday and we haven't had rain in a long time. I think it might have to do with the same routine each and everyday but I'm not sure. I just start praying to God to get me out of the funk and that usually works for me. Also my granddaughter makes me smile so she helps me alot to get out of it and she doesn't even know it.
I have been having some of those down days myself lately. My 4 year old grand daugther will ask me if I am sad. I guess I am. I am just miserale sometimes especially when I get to worrying.
Yes it was last Monday night. Last Monday night was holiday here in my country, it was a Bonifacio Day, I was just at home. I planned to finish all my writing stuff but it did not happened , what has happened was that I was feeling lazy again of finishing it, even just touching it I did not do. What I did was to sleep for whole day. When i woke up, I realized what I did. I was so lonely of myself being lazy. I asked myself how can I be able to write a lot without being lazy. I hate myself and my attitude. I was feeling down because if I have a laptop I will just log in here in Mylot and spend my whole day, but I was poor I don't have that and I feel down.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
I've heard that season's changing can have a lot to do with depressed spouts. I tend to believe that as well. It may be the old weather for you, with Christmas coming up and the stress of buying people things, it's hard not to imagine that everyone should be a bit worried if nothing else.
I think we all have those days...but when it becomes an everyday feeling, then we need to look at how we can get out of it. Sometimes we get into such a rut that we find it hard to push ourselves. I usually allow myself one day like that, sometimes we are entitled to do nothing, and veg out. But when it becomes a routine, I snap out of it, and sit down and write down things I want to do during the week. And then I force myself to start at the top of my list, and work down. It feels great at the end of the day, or week, to see all that I have accomplished...so I must keep that in mind in order to keep going.
I have severe depression and social anxiety so feeling down is a part of my daily life. I also have SAD so cold and miserable days do make it extremely hard for me to get through. It seems that in the colder and darker days of Autumn and Winter I do get into a very boring routine.
@doormouse (4619)
i had a few days of that last week coz i wrote a post about it,i just tend to leave it as i know it will pass
@jillmalitz (5132)
U think we all have those days. I'ce been fighting them a lot recently. I usually try to listen to some of my favorite music when I am down. I tend to be a negative person so it is a constant battle for me to be positive.
@sender621 (14956)
When i am feeling down, I try to find something positive from the day. /we all need something to lift ourselves up.
@derek_a (10902)
Life is a roller-coaster. I think there is even a song about that. And it just has to be true. Otherwise, how are we going to know how happy we are if we can't compare it to our sadness. Without sadness there would be no happiness, and without happiness there would be no sadness. If we stop chasing happiness, we might just stop getting sad. Maybe! - Derek
@djoyce71 (2512)
Some women feel down, sad and teary everytime menstruation is coming. It's true for me. It's my PMS. During that times, I just wanted to be left alone in a room. But, there are also times that I really feel down specially if something affects me emotionally. I could not focus on things because I'm preoccupied with thoughts that tend to distract me. When this happens, I try to go out on a place where I could be alone and have meditation. After that, I could go back to myself again and move on.
• Boston, Massachusetts
hi friend, thisis very appropriate now... i am in this lind of feeling and still trying to overcome it. you know what i mean, i know you did experience the change too. but i am still here happily responding on my friends discussions.
@carmelbg (521)
I do get days like this. It can tend to be if the weather has been bad for a few days and I have been stuck inside for some time. I get a bit stir crazy and feel down. Its very hard to get out of it, but it usually passes. My husband tries to cheer me up if I am down but there are some days when even he can't cheer me up.
@paula27661 (15899)
I think it is a normal part of life to feel down and out at times. It happens to me every now and again and I usually snap out of it within a day or two. The problems arise when you feel depressed for lengthy periods for no apparent reason and it effects your life negatively; I’ve been through that too most of my life and now I am on medication which has changed my life for the better. I hope your feelings will dissipate soon and you feel good again otherwise I would advise seeing your doctor.