Do you often turn over your mattress ?

@ronnyb (6119)
Jamaica
Now I dont have one of these fancy mattresses I see beind advertised that has a sleep number and allows you to tap dance without disturbing your partners.Instead I have a ordinary foam (I belive that is the material that makes it up) mattress and sometimes if you are like me and spend a lot of time in bed develops a depression.So after realising that there was a huge depression in my mattres where I spend most of my time ,finally decided to turn over my mattress so that depression is now on the underside. Now my mattress has been on that side for about 6 months now,so I am wondering if you have ever been in that position where you have to turn over your mattress and if you do so regulary ,what is your time fram for doing so?
@stephcjh (32327)
We turn and flip our mattress over just about every time the bed covers get washed. I wash them as frequent as they need it to keep them smelling fresh and clean. It helps to save on the mattress and it is more comfortable also.
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
That sounds like a good plan as that way the covers gets exposed to a newer and possibly cleaner surface and fresher too like you explained
@suzzy3 (8357)
I turn my mattress when I feel in the mood then I hoover it about every three months it does make the mattress last longer we have interiors springs.I turn it upside down then the other way to even out the sleeping comfort,yes I am a good girl.
@audrey7 (233)
• Jamaica
Ronnyb, I enjoy responding to your disscussion points; I find myself laught at some issue that you bring to the table. You are GREAT, CONGRATULATIONS. Now to answer your querry. I turn over my mattress at different times. I do not have a time frame so to speak. Once in a while I do that. I do not have a problem like you (with a sink) I sleep at different places from time to time in different positions. Perhaps to you need to try different positions.
@rg0205 (2638)
I don't turn on my mattress for two reasons. One, because it's too heavy. The mattress itself is about 9 inches thick and it's a queen size. Two, there isn't a need to because the mattress is the type you can tap dance on without the person sleeping on it waking up LOL
@veejay19 (3592)
I do not use foam in my mattress because it is not good for the back and secondly emits a lot of heat.In my country where the weather is hot throughout the year it is best to avoid foam mattresses. I use a cotton mattress which does get lumpy and hard after a a few years use, but i generally get the old cotton removed and put fresh and new cotton in it so that it is soft and good.In my country people do this and it works out cheaper.
@jdyrj777 (6556)
My bed is a futon. Im not sure whats inside of it, cotten i think. No springs. I do flip it from time to time. I dont really have a regular time fram or anything. Few times a year.
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
Wow is that one of those modern beds with the sleep number thingy?.I am hapy to know that you dont have problems with sinks in the bed Juds as you would have terrible back aches
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
Yh I was thinking of googling it but wa stoo lazy ,thanks for the info Juds ,I have seen those before and I amhappy to hear that you is nice and thick for comfort lol
@paula27661 (15899)
Wow, your discussion reminds me that not only I have not turned my mattress over in ages, I haven’t vacuumed it either! I change the sheets every week and I spray the whole thing with disinfectant spray but unless my husband is around I can’t turn it over because it is too heavy and as far as vacuuming it, I keep leaving it…I might go an do it now, I would imagine that it should be turned over every six months or so and vacuumed at least once a month or more often.
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
Lol happy that I was able to remind you of something so important.And you shouldnt do the lifting by yourself my friend .
@paula27661 (15899)
I'll remember that, thanks...
@LadyMarissa (12161)
I grew up in the Southern part of the US. In growing up, it was a big deal every spring when everybody turned their mattress. They had mattress turning parties where neighbors gathered at the first house & turned their mattress. Then they moved to the second house & turned theirs. If there was an elderly couple or widow/widower, they would go to their home & offer to turn theirs. My Dad still makes sure his is turned every spring & he's 85 years old. According to my Dad, it stops the permanent depression & makes the mattress last longer. He thinks it's a sin to replace a perfectly good mattress. We also use mattress pads that helps protect the mattresses. Turning a mattress is easier if you have a second person to help you. If you have a ceiling fan...WATCH OUT!!!
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
Wow this is a first ,I have never heard of any such thing before but it does sound like a good thing to help others with their bed turning especially for teh elderly as they would have extreme difficulty in that regard.
I wish I could. My husband and i just bought a new mattress about three years back and it is the worst mattress I ever spent money on, It is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on, The thing about the mattress is the it also only has one side to it so there is no way to flip it over the only way we can flip is to switch the head to the foot and vice versa. I have made my own depressions in the mattress as well there are spots for my knees and shoulders to rest where there isn't any springs...needless to say I don't stay in bed that long and my husband and I also sleep on the couch in the weekend just to try and get a little bit of relief on our backs..
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
Oh so sorry to hear about your situtaion ,I have never heard of anything like that but I hope there is something you can do about it .I mean you have made depressions in it so it could do for a turning .I wish you many more night sof good sleep my friend
I really do not have a time frame. I just turn it when the mood hits me as I never have a depression on it I just do it to kind of freshen it up. As I live alone it is quite a chore for me to turn it often but I would guess it is when I change my bedding for the summer and winter seasons.
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
Yeah me too but usually I have it in my mind that these sheets need changing now but I only get to do them when I feel like it adn never before.Well the changing of the seasons is as good a time as any
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I do turning your mattress is a good thing. I think it makes them last longer. Only problem i can't do that anymore. I use to turn mine at least a couple of times a year but now i'd probably end up between the springs & the mattress if i tried.
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
Lol yes I think it does make them last longer .And yeah you shouldnt turn your mattress by yourself ,you may slip out your back Antique .Have a great day Antique
@twoey68 (13651)
We used to do it about every 6 months but now that we have a waterbed we don't. It's supposed to be better for the mattress to flip it so that it doesn't get worn out on one side. [b]~~I AM WHO I AM~~ **STANDING STRONG IN MY BELIEFS**[/b]
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
Wow a water bed that must be so much fun ,I dont think you need to flip a water bed.Lucky you lol
Traditionally, I've always heard people say our mattresses should be turned over every six months. And when I had a twin bed, that was very possible for me. But I have a pillow top queen size mattress right now, and for the life of me I can't turn it over. I have back and neck problems sure, but even if my back and neck were fine, I don't think I could turn it over by myself. And I can tell where I have slept when I get up in the morning. I need to drag one of my stronger friends over to my apartment and have them help me. lol
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
Wow luckily I have always subscribed to that 6 month rule without really knowing that was what I was doing .Wow your mattress is really heavy .that ,must be one of the more modern mattresses because mine is quite light or maybe it is just too big .
My bed room - I roll back my covers on daily basis and turn my mattress six monthly according to winter and summer as manufactrer's notice on the mattress.
Hello my friend ronnyb Ji, In fact, I come andbelong to family, where it used to be everyday's affair to roll back total bedding and remove cot from the scene on dailybasis, immediately aftergetting-up. As generations past, people including me reduced in capsule living and forgot that traditions. Now-a-days, like you, we too have doule bed, w3here only covers like bed-sheet/blankets/ quilts etc. are rolled back and kept neatly. How-ever, I have a matters which requires sides to be turned as per season, 'summer and winter' to make use of proper use of mattress. Finally I think, what you mean by depression.I think it i ssinking and mattres does requires to be turned as and when required. May God bless You and have a great time.
@saundyl (9690)
I dont turn my mattress over - its the kind that cant be turned over. I do however rotate it once in a while - no set time period just when i feel like rearranging my room.
As a student,never.Evenif I will,the bed can't.So,keep the bed just it is.The mattress maybe once a month.Let's it to bask in the sun!just keep it clean of avoid being sick.Mon always do that at home,clean and wash,then clean.Everything always be neat.
@jugsjugs (13045)
I am always turning over my mattress and i am also a person that always hoovers the mattresses in the house as there is alot of dust that gathers in a mattress.