I wrote it, I lived it, I like it

@Trensue (5247)
Sometimes when we write and put things out in the public arena we back down and wish that we had not. Sometimes others hate what we wrote and are anxious to tell us about it. Then there are those times that you write something from the heart and you don't really care who reads it or what they think because you wrote it for you. Today I had to remind myself that others may not appreciate that. I have to remember that when I read what others have written. So here's the challenge, just today, let's try and read everything with that in mind. Anyone?
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Hello, Trensue, another thought provoking topic from you. The thing about writing is that it's usually easy for those of us who are writers ourselves to tell when something is written from the heart, written for effect or, Heaven forfend, written for the search engines! If I can see that something has been written with sincerity, even though I may not agree with what has been written, I will evaluate it and respond to it in the spirit that the writer has put himself or herself on the line, and so deserves to be treated with respect. If the writing comes across as insincere or self-serving, I'll reply on my sarcastic keyboard and let rip. I love your posts because they are always well written and honest, and give something of yourself, whether it's a serious or light hearted topic.Anyone who writes that way will get my respect and also my support, if it's needed.
@Trensue (5247)
Well, thank you for the compliment, although I am not sure it is deserved. You take more time than most here to try and understand every topic that you reply to. In fact, not that I am a stalker, sometime I hop on your profile and just read your responses. You are very uplifting. I am more of a realist and sometimes that takes down long dark paths! Not that there is anything wrong with that, adventures happen there too. I had written a letter to Santa and posted it before it was ready to leave my heart. Maybe it should have stayed in the journal, oh well.
• Spain
Hey, who's dishing out the compliments now? What a lovely thing to say, and thank you. Yes, there are adventures on the dark paths, but you and I both know you really belong in the light. You'll get back there eventually. In the meantime, just do what needs to be done to get through the days.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
that works for me, although I'm not so sure it will go over well over in 'politics' or 'religion'...
@Trensue (5247)
Passions seem to run hot and heavy in those areas don't they?
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh yeah. I usually put on my flak jacket and helmet before I dare venture over there!
@alokn99 (5717)
It's always a balance that we try to achieve out while putting out our views across into a public arena. True we would like to say whatever we feel and the way we want to say it, yet at the same time we must remember that we have chosen to put it out into a public area where we will expect others to read and react. That makes us apply some amount of diligence or check on the thoughts at times.
@Trensue (5247)
You are probably correct, tempering and balance are always good advice. I actually was not referring to anything that I had posted on my lot, but something I had written else where.
@Canellita (12058)
And how is this perspective working out for you so far? I haven't really read anything today but I've done a little writing.
@Trensue (5247)
okay and just because it is you I can "oh shut up" it is costing me money and time and I should just stop it.
@Canellita (12058)
Huh? Anyway I hope it was successful. I should be typing another article, myself, but I am feeling sleepy. Rather, I am feeling the drain of low blood sugar. I guess it is time to seek out some food.
@Trensue (5247)
Sorry, but try at humor with you didn't work. I was attempting to tell you that I could tell you my article tanked because I wrote from the heart instead of research. That doesn't go over well at Helium.
@KrauseHome (34995)
Well, there are many times I know myself that I am quite cautious in what I tend to write and say, especially in here, even if I strongly disagree with someone as I feel we all have our own views on things, and not everyone will agree with us so if it is something quite controversial I choose to stay out of it for sure. Even with things in life I find it is often Best to keep quiet as to hurt someone's feelings someone might take it as deliberate and that can only end up causing more problems in the end as well.
@Trensue (5247)
That is very sound advice and I will be adhering to it as well.
@suzzy3 (8365)
I am a bit like that.Writing from experiance is a good one,answering someones problems if you have been through it yourself you appreiciate how they feel.Knowing someone else has had the same problem and come through it is a great comfort.I try hard not to write something that will upset anybody,that is not the point of my lot it is supposed to be a friendly site.I like the fact you can write something quite mundane and someone will take an interest in what you have written.