This is really a touching and a tragic ending story!

A gift - A gift of love, a present from love one
Have you heard about this story? This was emailed to me by a friend. And it really pinched my heart. This story was titled, "Gold wrapping paper" It is a story about a mother who punished her 5 years old daughter for wasting a roll of expensive gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and she became even more upset when the child used the gold paper to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift box to her mother the next morning and said, "This is for you, Momma." The mother was embarrassed by her earlier overreaction, but her anger flared again when she opened the box and found it was empty. She spoke to her daughter in a harsh manner. "Don't you know, young lady, when you give someone a present there's supposed to be something inside the package?" The daughter cried and said, "Oh, Momma, it's not empty! I blew kisses into it until it was full. "The mother was crushed. She fell on her knees and put her arms around her little girl, and she begged her forgiveness for her thoughtless anger. An accident took the life of the child only a short time later, and it is told that the mother kept that gold box by her bed for all the years of her life. Whenever she was discouraged or faced difficult problems she would open the box and take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there. In a very real sense, each of us, as human beings, has been given a Golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, family, friends and God. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold. This is really a touching yet a sad ending story! We sometimes neglect the smallest things we receive. And we only realize the value of it when something happened. We must always remember that it is the thought that always count!!!
@besthope44 (12145)
Thats really touching and i am moved. Its also from my experience we never care for the little things which come along our way and only we feel for it after it is missed. Its a great topic indeed, thanks for sharing!
Hi there besthope44! Thank you for responding! That is very true besthope... we tend to neglect the small things we receive... Sometimes we value things according to its price... and not realizing the real value of the things being given to us... This is actually a story that teaches us to be thankful in every thing we have... appreciate things whether it is small or big...coz later on that smallest thing can do good in our lives... we may not realize it for now...
@amyson (3509)
yes indeed a touching story,inexpensive gifts can buy love and make someone smile.outside cover looks expensive but when you open inside its empty makes you surprise why is empty but when she said its full of kiss for her mom that is so sweet for a young girl that appreciate how she give importance and how much she loves her mom.it can't buy you the love from the first person and that is her mom.
Absolutely amyson! Love is the most wonderful gift that we can give and receive from someone... There is none greater than that. Material gifts give temporary happiness but love remains forever in our heart and mind!
@Fulltank (2895)
Already read this one. Very nice indeed. Have plenty of short stories collected over the years too. I think they already reached a hundred mark. This one below, I just browsed from my folder to complement and share on your discussion thread. This one is an old story circulating on e-mails years back. "The Hand Writing on the Wall" A weary mother returned from the store. Lugging groceries through the kitchen door. Awaiting her arrival was her 8 year old son. Anxious to relate what his younger brother had done. "While I was out playing and Dad was on a call, T.J. took his crayons and wrote on the wall! It's on the new paper you just hung in the den. I told him you'd be mad at having to do it again." She let out a moan and furrowed her brow, "Where is your little brother right now?" She emptied her arms and with a purposeful stride, She marched to his closet where he had gone to hide. She called his full name as she entered his room. He trembled with fear - he knew that meant doom! For the next ten minutes, she ranted and raved About the expensive wallpaper, and how she had saved. Lamenting all the work it would take to repair, She condemned his actions and total lack of care. The more she scolded, the madder she got, Then stomped from his room, totally distraught! She headed for the den to confirm her fears. When she saw the wall, her eyes flooded with tears. The message she read pierced her soul with a dart. It said, "I love Mommy," surrounded by a heart. Well, the wallpaper remained, just as she found it, With an empty picture frame hung to surround it. A reminder to her, and indeed to all, Take time to read the handwriting on the wall.
That is the common mistakes of adults. We get mad easily. We sometimes forget how to listen... especially to young kids... I have collections of beautiful stories too. Whenever I receive emails or read some articles that are good, I always make a copy for myself. I am also planning to have that book bind and share it to my kid when he grew a little older.