Whose Side are you on?

@jewels49 (1784)
Okay my new found hockey mates..it's time to take sides. Mine or my football-obsessed,multi jock son. This is how it started. I helped schedule the football banquet at school on a night the wings were playing. I rearranged things so that I could get home before the puck dropped. My very offensive lineman accused me of being an obsessed hockey fan. I believe I am a ardent, loyal, true fan. His evidence..I have a dresser dedicated to red wing shirts and clothing. I haven't missed a televised red wings game since charter started getting us fox sports..5 years. I know what Mckey Redmond is going to say at least 5 seconds before Mickey does. His friends call me for stats, and to talk about the game. I once paid my nephew to take him trick or treating to watch a game..He was 8. I always wear something red wings on game day, I once went out 2 hours before a formal affair to buy red wing underwear..then I wore it under a gown. And I rearranged one little banquet so I could be home before the puck dropped. My Defense: Hockey or no hockey I am still a female..I am not wearing the same 3 or 4 shirts for 80 some games plus play-offs!! Mickey is easy he uses the same 12 phrases consistently. He was 8..not 4 and cute. I wore it under the gown. It wasn't just any game..it was the red wings and I didn't get to see pre-game. I have never written a fan-letter and I don't know their addresses. I have never sent them an article of my clothing..I once had a day dream while sitting by the pool that chris chelios was bringing me ice tea in his boxers, but he was wearing boxers. So I insist dedicated and he agrees to let you decide am I true or am I obsessed?
Repeat after me. " I am a hockey fan and I don't care who knows it"! You should be proud of All the things you do So you can watch the Wings. I am on yor side but I can see where someone who isn't into the best sport on the planet can see it your son's way. Just keep doing what you are doing and just ignore the ones who Don't get it . Go Wings!
@jewels49 (1784)
"I am a hockey fan and I don't care who knows it"..My son isn't sure, based on something you said about the planet, if we get to count your vote, he suspects you have your own drawer full of shirts...But I am counting your vote my way. Thanks and yes go wings..The Ducks are flying in and the puck drops in less than an hour.
Tell your baby boy the only thing I have that has Red Wings on it besides my heart is a little teddy bear with Shanny's sweater.
Thanks for the best response. Go Wings!
@bounce58 (17550)
I felt I should write something because you jewels49, Tremendous machine, and sarahruthbeth and me are the ones always responding to hockey discussions. (I think solared hasn't found this discussion yet).Of course you are a true hockey-obsessed fan! What's wrong with that? I'd add in a few things that I do. I watch and listen (to the radio) to the pre-game discussions on the day and the day before a game. If my team wins, I'd even listen to the game breakdown after the game. I am excited if a coach announces revisions in line combinations. I count the days before starters get back from injuries. So, I am on you side. Did I mention that I am a Canuck fan?
@jewels49 (1784)
I'm counting one more true fan vote my way..I don't listen to the radio stuff..unless I'm in the car, I do watch pre and post game, but I've already proven I wouldn't rearrange a banquet to see one. I do get excited about certain line changes but it depends on who is on the line. I do know when Johan is coming back and Williams too. I'm no worse than you..and you're a canuck fan..just kidding..I have alot of repect for your team. Was glad to see Schneider back in your line-up.
Hi, You are a true fan and it's great to see a hockey team can inspire such loyalty. Although I'm not a Red Wings fan, they have been a good team for a long time. However, if they were a last place team, would you still do the same things?
@jewels49 (1784)
If they were in last place I wold wear my underwear over the gown!! My team is my team. I can admit (most of the time) when they are playing badly, but I never bash them and I always always defend them...one true fan vote recorded.