Writing Goal Today

@Trensue (5253)
Many of you may remember my bout with the goat shearing article ~ Well all joking aside I did learn something new and completely out of my realm. So today my goal in writing is to learn something new. I don't think it will go as far as shearing goats, but one never knows where these adventures may lead. Do you ever set writing goals and if so, do they work?
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Hello, Trensue. I always find i learn as I write, because before we write, we have to read, don't we? Here on Mylot, I also learn after the writing, so the whole writing thing is a total learning process. I don't really set writing goals - I just write as much as I can, when I can. We're both retired, and we come back from Spain about twice a year to visit our families, so life gets in the way of the writing sometimes. However, yesterday I had a great idea for a story, and it was so urgent that I get it down right away and I just abandoned what I was doing. It was more of a thought process than a narrative, and it had to be done NOW. My husband couldn't understand it, but then, he's a lover not a writer!
@Trensue (5253)
And what was this story about?
• Spain
Hello again. It's called 'The First Kiss,' and it's based on a long-term friend's attempt to get more than friendly. My user name on Helium is the same as on here, if you want to go look.
@Trensue (5253)
I will go and read it today.
@byfaithonly (10716)
Goat shearing? Sorry I missed that one :) I gave up setting goals for my writing because no matter what I want or plan to do someone or something is going to interfer then I'm just disappointed. Back when I was ghost writing I did write a series of travel articles that I had to research for (spots around the world) and I learned a lot from those. I hated the series I had to do on technical stuff :(
@Trensue (5253)
Be grateful. However, if I ever have to shear a goat at least I have a clue.
@byfaithonly (10716)
LOL - I'm going to keep that in mind if I ever need to shear a goat - will call on you :)
@mommaj (22872)
Sometimes I will set goals of how many articles to write in a day. If it is more than four articles, I know I will never be able to write them all. LOL I hope you learn something interesting. I am sure you can share it with us in a fun manner. Right now I am on a church school quest. I remember wanting to teach biblical information when I was in elementary school. How things change! So I decided to get some books from the library today to see what I come up with.
@Trensue (5253)
Did you find what you were looking for? There are some fun web sites with biblical stories I saw the other day.
@mommaj (22872)
Oh, I went to the library and checked out several books on Biblical stories. I am still seeing what AC will pay me for those and see if they get any page views before I continue going. Of course, I will probably put them on Helium as well. I don't see where it will matter. My percentage is going down again. lOL. The other day I was at 80% with 100 articles. Now I have 106 articles and my % is down to 78. I am really close to losing my third star. What's new? I am glad to see you are still writing. I guess it's really hard with school in. This time of year just flies by. I don't know if that means I'm old or just ready for a new year. LOL
@Canellita (12058)
I have occasionally set goals for helium but nothing recently. For now I just want to maintain my score/stars and keep adding a little here and there to increase my performance payments.
@Trensue (5253)
I went on a leap frog binge yesterday. We shall see how many get rejected.
@Canellita (12058)
Good luck!
@Maggiepie (7821)
[b]As a matter of fact, the very first story I sold started from a challenge I set for myself, that being to try to imagine 2 totally different things tossed into one setting, things you'd not usually even think of in the same sentence,let alone build a story around. And immediately, out popped this picture: An angel, & a big old hay barn. It nearly wrote itself, & I called it "The Wicked Season." It was a modern fantasy set on a farm run by a man & his wife & son, who'd bought the place to flee city life. After I finished, & sent it to a couple of editors, the second one paid me $400! What a thrill! Blew me away! I never expected such a dry beginning--a cold challenge, I mean--to inspire me to that extent. All the other things I've written began with an idea in my heart! I had no idea this time it would work. Since then, I haven't done a challenge, just written "naturally." That works, too... Maggiepie "WHERE'S THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE?"[/b]
@Trensue (5253)
Whatever works ~ I have never had anything write itself. I struggle, but then I am not a real writer - but its fun to dream.
@cutex87 (78)
my writing goal today is finishing my revision. I have to revise my thesis. cause I do not want to be more dizzy. It is because beside i do my thesis, I also take some courses. Poor me... there is many assignment of those all. Hope I will finish my thesis better.... Wish me luck
@Trensue (5253)
And it is much luck I wish you.