Luck vs. Skill

@benhilo (871)
Tripoli, Libya
What would you rather have, luck or skill? Me personally, I would rather have skill. Sooner or later luck runs out! How about you?
@substance (588)
I would like to have both if you don't mind. I believe even if you have skill, you need luck also to get through in most situations.
@benhilo (871)
• Tripoli, Libya
Okay, if I could give you both I would. Thanks for your response.
i don't know anything about luck. skill seems better, it seems more reliable. i don't know what luck is. i usually don't think about it. maybe skill looks like luck sometimes. skill doesn't always have to workout. so you might think their success was just lucky. i wonder if you have to have an education to have skill? or can you be born with it too?
@benhilo (871)
• Tripoli, Libya
To answer your question, I have met people who are naturals at what they do. Mozart was one of these people. So I guess answer to your question is some are born with abilities. But I think most need education.
Seems to me that I would much rather of skill...you can get really far with skill, whereas luck is too iffy as to whether or not you're going to get it - even if you are usually lucky.