Offer Help During The Holidays

@erikmama (12929)
During this special time of the year, people seem to have warm and caring hearts more than ever. What will you do as a good deed during the holiday season?
I will be donating for the Toys for Tots drive. I always give to the toys for tots drive. I remember when I was little my parents had started a Christmas Club for us kids and we had to be sure when we budgeted how much we were going to spend on each other we had to make sure that we had at least five dollars to buy a toy for the toys for tots drive. When I have children I will continue this tradition with them as well. I will also donate food as well as money to the Salvation Army. I always give the Salvation Army every year. Yesterday, there was a little girl who was 10 cents short to buy her mom a gift. I had a dime and I handed it to her so she could give her mom a gift. It meant that I could not buy a candy bar, but I did not care. I felt it was more important to help the little girl out than to buy a candy bar that I did not really need.
@erikmama (12929)
Wow, I was starting to think noone was going to reply to this discussion! It is GREAT that you are helping Toys For Tots. That is such a great program that needs plenty of support. I like the Angel Tree Program, this year I have adopted a little girl. Christmas really is for the kids and it is so important that all children are able to have something to op[en up. Thanks for your response, and for helpiong out!
The Angel tree is fairly new to my area. The radio station my husband works for is involved in that so I know we will donate to them. I love helping others out during the holiday season. I know my husband and I are struggling this year, but we still want to help others. I do want a few things for Christmas, but if I do not get anything I will be ok. I think it is great that you adopted a child. I am hoping to do that as well. I know it can be expensive and if I can make enough money working from home I will defiantely look into this a lot more.