Looks as though the "honeymoon" may be over!

Angry Congress lashes out at Obama House Republicans call on Geithner to resign ECONOMIC WOES TAKING A TOLL Growing discontent over the economy and frustration with efforts to speed its recovery boiled over Thursday on Capitol Hill in a wave of criticism and outright anger directed at the Obama administration Episodes in both houses of Congress exposed the raw nerves of lawmakers flooded with stories of unemployment and economic hardship back home. They also underscored the stiff headwinds that the administration faces as it pushes to enact sweeping changes to the financial regulatory system while also trying to create jobs for ordinary Americans. President Obama's allies in the Congressional Black Caucus, exasperated by the administration's handling of the economy, unexpectedly blocked one his top priorities, using a legislative maneuver to postpone the approval of financial reform legislation by a key House committee. Two buildings away, at a session of the Joint Economic Committee, Republicans escalated their attacks on Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner, including a call for his resignation. "Conservatives agree that as point person, you failed. Liberals are growing in that consensus as well," said Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Tex.). "For the sake of our jobs, will you step down from your post?" Rep. Michael C. Burgess (R-Tex.) took a different tack. "I don't think that you should be fired," he told Geithner. "I thought you should have never been hired." The House committee had been set to vote to send the final piece of its regulatory reform package to the House floor after months of debate. That is, until the committee's chairman, Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), told a shocked committee room that passage of the bill would be delayed until Dec. 1 because the Congressional Black Caucus wanted the administration to do more to help African American communities suffering in the economic decline. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp- dyn/content/article/2009/11/19/AR2009111903167.html?wpisrc=newsletter&wpisrc=newsletter&wpisrc=newsletter Is this a sign that our congress is finally listening to the people who voted them into office? Your comments please?
@bobmnu (8160)
Even Congressman David Obey (D-WI) has called for an investigation into the Stimulus money hand how it is being spent or not spent. He questions the Jobs created or saved. Granted Rep Obey is a little right of Speaker Pelosi and President Obama but his criticism is noteworthy.
Very true esspecially as they are now discovering that some of the locations where the Obama administration is claiming to have created jobs does not exist. Exclusive: Jobs 'Saved or Created' in Congressional Districts That Don't Exist http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jobs-saved-created-congressional-districts-exist/story?id=9097853
I have just noticed that Omaba has another big problem: White House at odds with bishops over abortion WASHINGTON – The White House is on a collision course with Catholic bishops in an intractable dispute over abortion that could blow up the fragile political coalition behind President Barack Obama's health care overhaul http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091120/ap_on_he_me/us_health_overhaul_abortion
@goldeneagle (6775)
If the Congress were REALLY listening to the people, they would get OBAMA out of office. LOL I think people are FINALLY starting to realize that Obama, and the change that he and his goons spoke so much about during the election, are not good things for our country. It is no wonder that people are starting to call for resignations, but as long as they are calling for them, maybe they should start at the very top??
I absolutely agree that would be the best place to start!
So is he going to bow to the preasure and resign? If so who will Obama put in his place? I have to agree with them that Geithner has been a complete failure.
I suppose it would be Biden. We know he is guilty of having a big mouth but at least we know he is an American and I do not think he is malicious or arrogant and narcissistic such as Obama seems to be.
@Lakota12 (42684)
We can hope so!! specially after they got 5 feet of pink slips lol
@dragon54u (31637)
I think they're realizing that the sheeple have awakened and they feel as if they have to listen or their political careers are over. Well, guess what? They're over anyway! That is, if people actually listen and vote out all the incumbents as well they should. Politics should NOT be a career. I agree that Geithner should step down and never should have been hired, what happened to conflict of interest considerations?! This administration--and the previous one!--has done everything possible to destroy the economy. They either have no idea how money works or they're set on bringing this country to its knees and it looks as if it's the latter--NOBODY could be THAT stupid!! Even a five year old, when confronted with twice as many toys disappearing every time he got a new one, would stop and think and figure out that he couldn't spend himself out of the situation.
At least the female sheeple are raising hell about the reduction in mammogram services. Now, today, I hear on TV that the Pap Smear reduction is also going to cause problems.
@dragon54u (31637)
As I've said elsewhere, I think this is a trial balloon to see how they should best manage rationing. They now see that they'll have to be a bit more subtle about it. I can't believe they are trying to discourage preventative measures! Any sane person would much rather change the oil in their car than have to buy a new engine when the old one seizes because of lack of lubrication. If this were a car care plan it would have us scrapping 1-2 year old cars and spending $20K every couple years on a new one instead of taking care of the old one. How is that logical?! You can't tell me that a yearly pap smear/mammogram for everyone is more expensive than early treatment of the small percentage of the population that gets cancer. This just does NOT make sense. The smell of rats is overwhelming here.
Yes it is really stinky!!
@moneymommy (3420)
Does indeed sound like theres trouble in paradise. I didnt think the honeymoon would last this long.
@jennybianca (12914)
Does anyone like Obama? What do his supporters have to say? I know a friend of mine in the US is definitely suffering financially. So the Congress is finaslly making moves to halt Obamas excesses or misplaced policies.
His supporters think he walks on water and they go beserk when even the slightest critism is uttered.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I do not understand why the african americans think they should be treated any differently. I think that more should be done for everyone. It isn't just one race that is fighting to find a job. They are just trying to find people to blame over it all. What they are doing isn't working the way they planned.
@millertime (1398)
I think there are a lot more of them that need to go besides Geithner. I have to agree with Rep. Burgess, he never should have been hired to begin with. He was not qualified for the job. I have to say though, that I don't think congress is paying much attention to what the people want. Otherwise, they wouldn't be trying to pass a healthcare bill that the people clearly do NOT want. If they hear anything at all, they hear footsteps. They are starting to realize that people are ticked off and they're starting to feel that their jobs are in jeopardy. That's the only thing that they care about and they know that the angrier people get, they are going to show their anger with their votes. That's how Obama got into office, except this time the pendulum is going to swing the other way, and big time. They're starting to get nervous, and well they should.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
It could be but then again, they've been known to block us out for they've done that time and time again. However, one can hope that our voices are being heard and stop sending our jobs and companies over seas to China and other places and keep them here where they should've been all along. They say that Obama hasn't been in office long enough to make any real change. I say, "Well damn! How long does it take? Give me a break! Maybe if they stepped down a ton of notches and lived in our shoes for a week, I bet there would be much faster changes!"