Kwazy Kat

@ElicBxn (60053)
We are less than 3 weeks out from the roomie's bypass surgery so last night I figured a burger would be nice, since we weren't feeling like cooking. After ward, the roomie was still hungry, after all, all we had were burgers, no fries not double meat - tho she did have cheese. So, I was cleaning out my fridge and found some sauerkraut that hadn't been opened. Since she probably won't be able to eat it for months after the surgery, she decided to have some. Now, plain sauerkraut isn't something you are going to eat a LOT of plain, so she put some in a bowl and took it to her room to eat. After she was done Roxie came sniffing around. The roomie, figuring she wouldn't like it, let her sniff the bowl. She sniffed, and then she cleaned it for her. So, do you have a crazy cat that likes sauerkraut? Timus likes salsa, how about that one?
hi Elicbxn nope never had a cat that ate wild things like sauerkraut or salsa either. really sophisticated kats woe. I love sauerkraut specially the homemade kind its really so good for me, I could eat a cup full myself. I have not had any for ages.The homemade kind is realy the best.
@ElicBxn (60053)
I don't care for either one. I hear that its good for ya, but never could get past the smell...
@Maggiepie (7821)
[b]Elic, if you ever do decide to try it, be sure it's not that canned stuff! And just once, you should. With your alien taste buds, who knows? It might just become one ofyour favorites! I'm just glad I made myself get past the vomitous smell of Parmesan cheese! Now, it doesn't smell that way (bad) to me at all! Go figure! Maggiepie WHERE ARE any OF OBAMA'S RECORDS?!?[/b]
@gabs8513 (48803)
Lol I love Sauerkraut and I can eat it raw to so I have to stop myself from eating to much or like you say take what comes with it after I have to say I have not known a cat to ever like something like this lol I know Gissi likes his Vegetables which none of the Dogs I have had in the past ever did but I do not think he would go as far as sauerkraut lol
@ElicBxn (60053)
personally, I don't care for the stuff, my dad liked it, but Roxie is a pretty strange cat - maybe why she's such a tubby girl!
@jerzgirl (7807)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
My daughter's cat, Tiki, likes broccoli, cookies and cake. Probably tastier than sauerkraut, but still not the norm for a kitty.
@Maggiepie (7821)
[b]I used to have a cat that loved potatoes in any form--even raw! She also tried green beans, at least once! All cats have their own brand of weird. Maggiepie WHERE ARE any OF OBAMA'S RECORDS?!?[/b]
@ElicBxn (60053)
Mekon used to like broccoli, tomatoes, melons, he was pretty open minded as long as you fed him... Jellibaby ate a grove across a cake once - the spice cake not the chocolate...
@Maggiepie (7821)
[b] Yeah, I was there; I told you about it! It was your birthday cake, too! And there I was frantically icing in the groove, knowing you were going to be home any minute, & we had guests! Not too many knew about it--& I didn't even tell you 'til after you'd eaten some. Like Father Arjen, I always assume the blessing takes care of any cooties! :oD Maggiepie WHERE ARE any OF OBAMA'S RECORDS?!?[/b]
@Maggiepie (7821)
[b]Whoa...now that's as weird as Sab & her avocados! Oy! Timus likes salsa? The hotter sort, or are we talking that bottled pseudo-"salsa," Pace Picante Sauce, or even wimpy-mild spiced Rotels? Maggiepie WHERE ARE any OF OBAMA'S RECORDS?!?[/b]
• Marion, Kansas
As a child one of our cats would eat anything that had vanilla in it.
@ElicBxn (60053)
we ARE talking about MY house, remember - yeah, mild Pace chunky salsa, but that's ONLY because its the ONLY kind that's in the house! He likes things with tomatoes
@Maggiepie (7821)
[b]GARDEN--not just food that was milk-based? that does seem odd, if not! Maggiepie WHERE ARE any OF OBAMA'S RECORDS?!?[/b]
@Lakota12 (42794)
you ask about cats I diont have one . BUt my dog Fang loved tomatoes and apples
@ElicBxn (60053)
That reminds me of the roomie's former roomie's dog, Princess, a pek, who was eating jellybeans, but kept spitting out the licorice one until it finally went down. Zoe will grab anything thrown at her, but spit out the pickle and was more careful for a while after that.
@Lakota12 (42794)
@ilyzium (1206)
No unfortunately my Furby only likes cat food and looks down his feline nose at human food. Although I will say that he goes crazy for coffee! Of course I'd never let him drink that because caffeine is known to be toxic to animals, but at times I've left the room and come back and noticed that there appears to be a little less of my coffee and Furby really seems to be licking his mouth. Yeah, he's never been into any kind of human food though. He's just walking across my desk now and trying to block the computer screen. Hmm...wonder if that means he wants me to stop typing? lol I used to have a cat though that loves spaghetti, ice cream, hamburgers, any kind of pasta.
@Maggiepie (7821)
[b]I once had a pet chicken named Betty that liked TV & ice cream. Animals seem to always do the unexpected thing--just when we think we know all about them! Maggiepie WHERE ARE any OF OBAMA'S RECORDS?!?[/b]
@anne25penn (3310)
As a general rule, I never leave a bowl of food that my cats would be able to reach. My cats love canned sardines and you can expect a clean bowl if I feed them that. They are a bit picky with dry cat food. I guess bread with butter would be the weirdest kind of food my cats ate.
@ElicBxn (60053)
I have to watch my cats when I'm making my breakfast, because they are apt to go over and try and help themselves to the cream cheese on the bread
• Marion, Kansas
Princess likes beans and salsa. I do not know if any of them like sauerkraut, but I have heard that lots of animals like things that have lots of vinegar. I think it is healthy.
@ElicBxn (60053)
always amazes me when a cat will eat something I can't get past the smell of... humm, vinegar huh? guess it would acidify their urine more... that's good for them
That's a new one! How funny. And incredibly endearing.
@ElicBxn (60053)
yeah, Roxie has done a number of cute things, but she's such a pill - or at least I thought she was one until we got that real pill, Zhaan who will run across the room to swat another cat.
hmm..not that i think of it.i don't think any of mine got past the smell on that one.my blue used to eat pretty much anything tho..he begged for taco bell if you had it (peppers and all).
@ElicBxn (60053)
we had a cat that grabbed Maggiepie's jalapeno off her place - TWICE Not the brightest candle, but very sweet
ooh.. i think he tried that once. ..and quickly realized what a bad idea that was
@carpenter5 (6786)
That's is funny. My daughter's little dog likes dill pickles. He will beg for them if we're eating burgers, or if we've made fried pickles. Moe is a Maltese. My son calls him fluff ball. Now, my yorkie/chihuahua mix hates pickles of any kind. Sweet or dill. Not long ago, I dropped my plate that had half of a grilled cheese sandwich on it. I am strange and like Miracle Whip and pickles on my grilled cheese. Baby grabbed the sandwich and ran with it. She gobbled up the cheese and bread but spit the pickles back out. Then Moe came along and ate the pickles.
@ElicBxn (60053)
I like grilled cheese with mustard and tomatoes so I have no grounds to tell you to not have Miracle Whip and pickles. The roomie's dog won't eat pickles either. The roomie doesn't like sweet pickles but I do!
Do you ever get "EWWW Yuck" from people that see you eating them that way! When I was working at our local children's hospital several years ago, there was an older gentleman that worked the grill in the cafeteria. I asked him one day if he could make it that way for me. He said of course. But behind me one of the nurses from my clinic went "Ewww..Yuck Paula." But from that day on, if I ordered grilled cheese, Mr. Sam would fix it that way for me, no questions asked.
@BarBaraPrz (17361)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I like sauerkraut. When I was a kid, my mom used to drain off the liquid into a glass before cooking with it, and I'd drink it down with relish... uh... not actual relish... the metaphorical kind. --Weird kid example #108.
@ElicBxn (60053)
I knew what you meant, but then I had to think about it again!
@thea09 (18329)
• Greece
Hi Elic, I think you should really try and discourage your roomie from eating junk food with imminent bypass surgery, good dietary habits should become a way of life for anyone with a heart condition. It's amazing that someone in that position isn't doing anything to help themselves now by cutting out the junk food. Even without fries and double meat it is nothing but highly processed rubbish and cheese too should be a no no. A good friend of mine underwent bypass surgery last winter and has made a brilliant recovery by eating sensibly and cutting meat to a minimum. Sorry I don't know anything about what cats eat beyond fish and yogurt, and some dried cat food.
@ElicBxn (60053)
well, after Weds it is off her diet pretty much the rest of her life I figured a last time - the pre-surgical diet is a lot stricter and she's going to stick with it...
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
Bread, plastic,yes. Sauerkraut, no. Heck I live with a German and he doesn't even like sauerkraut!!!
@ElicBxn (60053)
its funny, my mom, with a German grandmother, didn't like sauerkraut as much as my dad