That’s what friends are for …..

Australia
How do you approach your Friends in MyLot? For me, I see them as a sort of informal association devoted to helping one another, and the way to do that here is to help them maximise their earnings while at the same time having good discussions with them. The first thing I do when I log in is check my Discussions Started for new responses after my last one, and then Responded, to do the same, and then Friends Started. Then I go on to new stuff. That way I can keep up with ongoing discussion, which tends to increase the number of responses I get to my discussions (and thus better earnings), and helps my friends discussions similarly. The other issue is the ratings system. There have been a lot of discussions in this topic on the misuse of the Negative button, but I don’t remember too many about the Positive one. I have my own “rules” for use of the Negative, which I’ll keep to myself, but the Positive one actively helps those whose responses you tick. If I come across a response which I think is relevant and useful, I will mark it positive, with friends or not, and this helps increase their rating which in turn increases their earnings. It also helps balance out the trollers and stalkers who misuse the Negative button with people they disagree with. What’s you take on this? Lash
@jb78000 (15173)
tend to hit the plus when i remember, don't hit negative but sometimes report. of course skeleton friends may get different ratings if they don't pay up (2 carrots per week pal)
Need I remind you of what this particular skeleton is doing? A wabbit might be a nice variation. Lash
@jb78000 (15173)
grandpa - was that meant to be a threat? skeleton was playing a silly wee games with a rather better fed partner. involving a rabbit would mean poor skeleton's bones were placed in various places around the room that appeared more aesthetic to a rabbit. they have very definite ideas about how things should be organised.
All of my bones act independently. Having me spread around the room might be counterproductive to even the most agile of rabbits. Lash
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Hello, Lash. I have the same system as you. At least when you go to friends' discussions you know you're going to get a quality, interesting discussion, and we should look after our friends on the internet, just as we do in real life. I'll also PM someone if I think they may have missed something really good. As you say, all this helps our friends and our earnings, as well as making our MyLot time more interesting. I'm very fastidious about positive rating, as I've suffered badly from the neggers and so have some of my friends. Not long after I joined MyLot, I responded to something honestly and took a real ratings bash. It took 3 months to get it back. I hardly ever neg rate, because if something is that bad, it's best reported.
I have to ration my time here most days. When I am busy I only get time to check through all the "friends started" then "started" then "responded". If I can return at night, I do the same thing again, and then when I have a little extra time, I'll check through my interests for new ones. I + rate almost all discussions and comments. I do not negative rate but if I have concerns about anything I will hit the "!" and ask mylot to judge.
@zandi458 (27952)
My long association with mylot has roped in many friends from all over the places of which some has been more than a friend to me. Some of my friends have become my chatmates and we are in frequent contact outside mylot world. As far as rating is concerned, I always rate positive to everyone that respond to my discussions. There is no reasons for me to rate them negative as it could jeopardize their reputations if I were to indiscriminately rate them negative. While I don't see the usefulness of this system working to an advantage here. The rating system has been abused many times by unscrupulous people to vent their dissatisfaction on others. Many people who are vocal in their stance are not being rated appropriately and their stars remain stagnant. I wish to do my part to see those people who have big numbers by the side of their names especially those who are active here be given recognition and be among the elite group in the top star.
@khayshenz (1387)
My momma taught me "if you ain't got something to good to say, then don't say it" and I sort of adopted the same rule with the "minus" or negative mark here on mylot. I rarely give it away - unless you truly truly truly deserve it. And the positive - I give it away generously. After all, we this kind of economy, we all need a little bit more pluses in life. Cheers!
• Mexico
Hi khayshenz: I think the same it's better to feel that you're helping your friends on mylot so i won't like to give negative marks just because i don't like this person. That's in fact an inmature position. Maybe some persons has marked me negative because of my opinions, you never know but that's not the kind of things i would do. In general everybody here it's just nice, i think. Thanks for your answer. Have a nice day.
• Mexico
Hi grandpa lash: first of all it's nice to know that you take seriously what we can do with the positive or negative button. I use to give positive reviews most of the time and the negative is the exception when someone is just disrespectful to the other users or is intolerant with the others. For me i used to add as friends those who share with me opinions or i that i found it would be interesting to talk with them or simply, to those with brilliant ideas. Thanks for open this discussion. Have a nice day.
@inkyuboz (1288)
• Mandaluyong City, Philippines
I wouldn't rate a person down if he or she disagrees with me. I don't think that's how myLot works or should work. I only rate negatively when I see incoherent, spam, or off-topic posts, and most of the time I'm just indifferent and don't rate at all.