Do You Regift?

@erikmama (12929)
What are your thoughts on regifting items you do not want or need? Is it ok to do? Have you done it before? How would you feel about receiving a "regift" gift?
@Lucky09 (1771)
hi erik^^;; my mother always told me when i was younger to never give anyone the gifts i receive since those gifts are intended for me and not for the others. from that on i try to keep and use those gifts that i receive. i may give it away(without wrapping it) soon as not to waste it in my cabinet but not as a gift to special occasions like birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, etc. i don't want ofcourse to know that the gift i received is recycled from someone's drawers or wardrobes.
@erikmama (12929)
That is a good idea too! As long as you do not give the gift back to the person who gave it to you! I do not see anything wrong with it, especially if you have no use for it.
@Lucky09 (1771)
honestly, my mother do the collecting and giving thingy. i would just put all the things i don't need in one box then she will give it to less fortunate relatives living on the countryside. sure thing, they won't complain and happier more than if i give it to somebody around here which i don't know if they are choosy or not.
@erikmama (12929)
Thats a great idea!
I try my best not to regift. If possible, I do a lot of homemade gifts which consist of cookies, candy, fudge and bread. I also paint ceramic ornaments and ceramic houses. I am hoping by next year I will be able to learn how to make jewelry so I can open an online store. I feel that regifting is wrong because it seems like the person who is giving you a gift did not put any thought into your gift.
@erikmama (12929)
Homemade gifts are a really great idea! I think it is ok to regift. Even though the person picked it out for you, by accepting it you show appreciation, and if you can't or won't use it, why not let someone get use out of it??
i dont think that is a very kind thing to do. i would keep whta vere kind of gift i get i will try to use it somehow. unless its clothes and it dont fit me i give it someone who it fits