Faithful vs Loyal: What's the difference?

@maean_19 (4663)
I was browsing my fiance's facebook account when something struck my attention on one written on his wall. It says, "It is better to be faithful than loyal because to be faithful means, even if you are with someone else other than your partner, you still choose your partner. Whereas, to be loyal means, you only need to be with your partner because he/she needs you. Or you have to be with that someone only when you are needed." I am actually interested with that perspective not because I can relate or perhaps is relevant to me, rather it made me think that it really made sense. There is basically a difference between the terms, "faithful and loyal". What about you? Can you share the difference? Faithful versus Loyal
Faithful is self-centered property which is very important in one's life to drives futuristic objective (not motive). Loyal is obsequious once obliged. It justly like a difference between a doctrine and s law, a doctrine is a principle and a law is a sentence. Which is inter-related but works with different motive, respectively.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
To me they are one in the same. I think they go right along together & i hope your fiancee is faithful & loyal to u.
@Wizzywig (7860)
Yes, I think there is a difference. To me, loyalty is something borne of moral obligation - you can be loyal to someone without necessarily having any strong emotion for them but, faithful implies a degree of emotional committment.