When do you use mouthwash - before or after brushing your teeth?

Whenever I do the brushing of my teeth, I usually use mouthwash right after brushing. Pouring a little amount of liquid into the measuring cap. However, a friend told me that, it is best to use the mouthwash before brushing to soften the particles inside the teeth. Hence, its like, you will saturate the teeth before you use toothpaste to brush it. Is there really a proper procedure or way to use the mouthwash? Is it really before or after brushing?
I usally use mouth wash after brushing my teeth but I dont use mouth wash to often because it's just so disgusting. But when ever I do use mouth wash its after I brush my teeth. I don't think I have ever used mouthwash before washing my teeth ive always been told to use it after brushing my teeth.
@oindy54 (3446)
I am afraid I do not use mouthwash at all!I think I should start right away!Your discussion has inspired me to.Take care.
@kail2001 (250)
Hi friend. I am usually mouth wash before brushing my teeth.. It is allyays better. Happy mylotting
Well that is just strange! Ive always used it after I brush and I've always heard it that way too. Makes sense as to why someone would do it before, kind of. But I'm not really sure?