Stop the presses

@Trensue (5262)
No shower - I can not believe this: I just got a subpoena. If I am reading this correctly the woman, who has been divorced five times and pays no child support expects me to be at court on December 4th. Talk about hostile witness! Since I have no experience with this I called and left a message for my attorney. Gee, I wonder why he doesn't answer at 6 pm the night before Thanksgiving. And what is a constable anyway? I have no desire to be involved what-so-ever. I hope this sincerely does not mean I have to take off work, drive eight hours, just to say I think both parents are idiots and no one seems to care what the kids want. I hope my attorney figures out a way that I don't have to go. Okay - shared that I am going to have cocoa and a hot shower if it is the last thing I do!!
@spalladino (17923)
You're probably not going to be able to get out of appearing unless your attorney can talk the other attorney into letting you off. Maybe the hostile witness thing will be an incentive for whoever wants you to testify to decide that it's not worth making you take time off from work. Talk about unfair!
@Trensue (5262)
Well, my attorney did his best but I guess he and I will both be in Vegas for family court. He is concerned that no matter what I say one of them will try a civil suit. Apparently I appear on both witness lists. So I guess the lawyers think it is important I am there. My attorney is making them pay for all travel and a place to stay and he says that he may be able to stop several of the questions. I really have nothing of value for either of them. They are just screwed up people and now have screwed up kids!
@Canellita (12058)
I just tried to respond and something crazy happened. If this makes it I will post more.
@Canellita (12058)
Ok, now that I am here I can add that woman must be insane. What makes her think you will testify in her favor after antagonizing you this way? I hope you can get by with the depo and not have to appear in person. I hope your atty finally called you back.