Mad at myself

@BarBaraPrz (19808)
St. Catharines, Ontario
Seems I don't know what day it is anymore. Got up early today to make sure I got to my doctor's appointment on time. Got there to find out my appointment is tomorrow. Doh! Do you get mad at yourself when you do this sort of thing? Do you do this sort of thing? What day is it? (This is my second attempt to post this, too. I don't think myLot likes smilies today.)
@Wizzywig (7859)
I did go to the Doctors for a Swine flu jab a week early. Unfortunately, it was the pompous, smug, self-satisfied receptionist on duty that day and he obviously took great pleasure in saying " No dear, its n-e-x-t Monday. Come back n-e-x-t Monday..." I didnt. I got it done at work. I did once turn up for an early shift on a Friday having read the date as 13th when I should have gone in on the 15th....
@BarBaraPrz (19808)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Glad to hear I'm not alone.
@Wizzywig (7859)
Its a smug little man ... even the pharmacist referred to him as "the pain behind the pane" (the reception desk is behind glass) We do have a woman who is just as bad but I caught her out once and pointed out her mistake when she was arguing with the doctor and trying to make out it was his error - so she's always very polite to me now.
hi barb .. recently i went for an appointment , i was there 2 years back so i directed my cab driver to the place .. he asked if i was sure as he thought they have moved .. confidently without looking twice ar rhe callcard i sid yes ... as the sad mad story goes. i hd to walk two blocks or was it 3 blocks under the hot sun to the place ...
@BarBaraPrz (19808)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Please don't call me barb...
@paula27661 (15899)
I feel so relieved that I am not the only one that does this kind of thing! Let’ see…Where do I start? Yesterday I had to return an item to the store and I marched up to the returns counter and asked for a refund only to be told I was at the wrong store! Straight after that blunder I went to my counsellor appointment only to be told I was a whole hour early and this morning I phoned my friend Linda and began ranting only to realise that I should have been talking to Lynda! Do you feel better now? I suspect that I may be slowly losing my mind...
@BarBaraPrz (19808)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I pick up all marbles I find, but it doesn't help...
@patgalca (14361)
• Orangeville, Ontario
This is why I have four different calendars. Problem is I was adding stuff to the calendars earlier this week and I noticed an appointment was on December 2nd on 3 calendars and December 3rd on one calendar. I wondered which one was right. Tried to call the doctor (a specialist) and didn't get an answer. I figured the three that had one date on it was more likely to be correct than the lone calendar with a different date. We'll see next week if I'm right or not. LOL! It was 2 minutes to 6:00 one evening as I was rushing to put a dinner together for my daughter who had soccer practice that night. I glanced over at the calendar on the fridge and then at the clock. Ack! Dropped everything and ran out the door. Fortunately she as already dressed for it. Yeah, even though I have stuff on the calendars I still get them wrong sometimes.
@BarBaraPrz (19808)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yeah, having it on calendars doesn't always help. I had this appointment on two calendars. My problem is that I kept thinking yesterday was Thursday.