Australia vs. WestIndies?

@ram_cv (16516)
Do you think West Indies can really challenge the Aussies in this series? Or do you think the Aussies will simply roll them over and make records? Cheers! Ram
@pratik87 (1928)
the condition that the match is is right now it does not look too well for the west indies team. playing in australia will not be an easy task for them and it looks likely that australia will win the test and also the series overall even though this is the only the first test. the west indies team has got back after a long time since they were fielding a second string side for the last few tournaments. it will be a real test though how they perform in the rest of the matches.
@ram_cv (16516)
Yes, it seems that West Indies forgot they were not playing a T20 match, the way they started and then the usual collapse set in. Cheers! Ram
Oh wow I am quite surprised to see a cricket discussion on mylot! Are you guys from Australia? Or the West Indies? In my opinion the Indies have played fairly well, the wicket is really really flat doesn't seem to swing around at all. And they've taken 5 wickets which is pretty good. Hopefully they can take some more wickets and get batting today and bat well. I think they are far more competitive than they were in the past few years. I remember in the ICC 2020 world cup they almost beat Sri Lanka who beat Australia. Having said that, test cricket is a different game al together but I think they may well end up wining some tests matches and hopefully draw the series. Do I think the can win the series? Probably not.
@ram_cv (16516)
Yes, West Indies are good at 20-20 format, and ok in the 50 over format, but when it comes to test matches, they are woefully short in terms of patience and innings building. Cheers! Ram
@poona_m (336)
I dont think the West Indies will prove any kind of competition for australia when it comes to winning the series. But I am sure there will be atleast one match where West Indies can have Australia in a spot of bother. Considering the form of the team it doesn't look like they have the depth, experience or skill to chase the aussies throughout the series. But the biggest strength the West Indians posses is their element of surprise. they can surprise aussies with some dynamisn in maybe one sesion or one day of atest match. And sometimes the whole result of amatch depends on the result of one vital session. But if australia bats first in any match west indies are going to feel the pressure. The west indiansare not unbder much pressure since the media, ex-players and the board have all written them off already. The pressure of result is on Australia.
@ram_cv (16516)
Actually West Indies were bowling very well today. The luck of the day was all with Aussies. Hussey was extremely lucky in his early part as both Roach and Bravo were bowling brilliantly. Unfortunately for all the effort, West Indies could only pick up 5 wickets and Aussies are already over 300 odd runs. I do not see West Indies score above 300 consistently enough to really trouble Aussies!! Cheers! Ram