Reading a book in a coffee shop

One of the things I enjoy doing is reading books. I see a lot of people ordering coffee in coffees shops like Starbucks and read a book. I sometimes think of doing that but hesitated because I am not sure if the person was just really reading the book there or were they waiting for someone hence brought the book with them to pass time? So my question is, what do you think when you see people bring their books in a coffee shop and read?
@ram_cv (16516)
I see nothing wrong in it. Also for coffee shops if that increases their sales, then it is a great thing for them. I am an avid book lover and for me there is nothing better to wind down after a tough day than a book and a cup of tea (I prefer tea to coffee any day). Cheers! Ram
Thanks for the comment Ram. I know there's nothing wrong with it... maybe I'm just being paranoid about the whole thing I guess. I remember when I was in the Philippines, people get annoyed if you stayed too long in a coffeeshop... It's irritating!
@ram_cv (16516)
Yes, actually there is a difference between some of the Asian countries and some of the Western countries. For e.g. in India as well people try to see how soon can they service the customer and send him out. Whereas in the west the customers being so less, they want to retain them to show that their business is prospering. So it is a question of what can make a better proposition. Cheers! Ram
@dodo19 (25623)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I really think anything of it. I don't see anything wrong, because I have done it as well. It has happened that I have read a book in a coffee shop while drinking coffee or something like that. It seems like a good place to relax, drink coffee or tea while reading a book.
Staying in a coffee shop is indeed a good place to just recollect your thoughts and unwind - as long as you don't have a big crowd next to where you are sitting!
@airasheila (5461)
Hello Funkeyguhl, I think its fine if you want to bring a book in a coffee shop and read it. As long as you will take an order of coffee with them. And besides, if the people will buy a coffee then read a book in their area, this can be an added factor to the coffee shop because a lot of people might think that the coffee they are serving is of good taste and can bring a sort of relaxation. Have a great day.