Would you want to be a Vampire if you had the chose?

Boise, Idaho
Anne Rice's Vampire series is the creme de le creme of vampire books as far as I am concerned. I loved the characters. Lastat was my favorite. Even Bran Stokers vampire story pales in comparison. The color is crisp and refined. Stokers was drawn out and unsufferably boring in parts as was most of the literature of that era. Van Hesling the Movie of afew years ago seems to have been sort of a flop at the box office but I thoroughly enjoyed it. (Any reason to see Hugh Jackman on screen is superb as far as I am concerned). Oh, and I can't forget to mention another of my favorites:Angel.Loved the dialogue and the storyline when they went to the other demention. Good stuff! So, what I am proposing is this: What if on some gloomy winters evening you are walking home or in some area by yourself and a vamp jumps out and does his thing. If given the chose (no you weren't given it but if you were)would you like to be a night person for EVER!!?? Can you name any pros or just cons? I would love it! And being pale would actually be a plus now days since Goth is so Vogue right now. And Vegans and Vegetarians Please! Jump down off your soap boxes for this one time. I think the only down side would be the drinking of blood. Now, wait. Don't get totally on the upchuck on that little matter. You do as Angel chose to do and have a friend at the blood bank who keeps your frig stocked. And we could just pretend it was cherry cola or something. Well, couldn't we? So could ya? WOuld ya? Your thoughts please.
@Lakota12 (42684)
We could do what they do on the Vampire diaries and have a ring so we could walk in the daylight! Now I wouldnt mind livint over 4 years and see what all has been invented and all. As I have already seen in my life. But I just couldnt think of drinkning blood that is just out of the question. And what about Moonlight and Blood ties they were good shows too!
Yes! Moonlight was the name. I tried to remember it and couldn't so I didn't mention in the post. I miss it! Even tried to get it brought back but no one would help me. Not sure I ever saw Bloodties and the other one, Vampire Diaries I didn't find interesting so am not watching it. Would love it if Moonlight was brought back but the guy in is in another show now so.......??!!
@Lakota12 (42684)
I know he is and we watch it he pretty goo don that one too . but not a vampire Blood ties was running about the same time and got cut when the writters had their strick ya can see it on the net somewhere as my daughter does.
I will have to check for it. Thanks for the info.
@bunnybon7 (36490)
• Holiday, Florida
I think id be very tempted being on the downhill slope of life. i usually cant sleep nights anyway, my life is so boring its unbelievable. this way i would have friends even older then me i could get out at night and meet people, i could breath better and fly around. maybe finally get a man to love again in my life. the only downside to the whole thing would be giving up my faith and Jesus
You sound like a prime suspect for becoming one. If you read Anne Rice's Vampire Series you would know there is alot of religious in them. Lastat was actually a very religious character.
@bunnybon7 (36490)
• Holiday, Florida
i forgot to mention i read all them up to about 3 yrs ago. they got a little confusing for me right there at last
@haniku17 (113)
If I have someone to spend eternity with, then I would probably consider it. My boyfriend and I talked about it, if either one of us becomes a vampire, we would turn each other. I think it's really cool most especially if you are just turning and your senses are enhanced. It's really cool to consider but if it was real, I really don't think I can do it because I can never take a life, most especially take it to feed my hunger. I am a fan of Bram Stoker and Dracula is the most exciting book I have ever read. I also love Anne Rice. I also love books in the 19th and 20th century, and I find great pleasure in reading them. I guess I just love classics.
I so agree. I enjoyed reading Anne Rice's vamp series. It was great. Infact, I was thinking of starting it over again. I like the books of the 19th and 20th century although I don't care for some of long and drawn out back history and descriptions.
@JenInTN (27565)
I'm already kind of pale so that wouldn't be a big change..lol..I used to be a night person but after so many years of dayshift, I have gotten a new schedule. I think that vampires have become much more intriguing and sensual than they were in the past. Not so much monsters as they were once portrayed. I really like the Anne Rice books too. You should try her Mayfair witch series. It is really good.
Yes, I have read the Mayfair Witches series. It was good. I liked the secret society.
@madteaparty (2763)
• Japan
I'm a fan of Anne Rice's books too. If I had the chance to choose wether becoming a vampire or not, I would choose not to. I'm too much of a daylight person, can't stand blood smell well, and the worst part would be not to be able to enjoy anymore the taste of foods an drinks. I love trying new tastes, so it would take away an important thing of my life.
That would definitely be a down side i think. I think it would cool to live forever. The things I would see and be able to tell others about.
@sam8pro (376)
Hi Celticeagle! The answer is definitely yes i would love to live 1000 years see the world ...have extra sensory feels to feel the nuances of different shades , different pitches of sound savor millions of smell ... and in the process getting rid of some bad guys as a part of my meals !!!!