Do you have a cat flap

@jugsjugs (13045)
Do you have a cat flap in your door so that your cat can come in and out as it wants to as well as then you do not have to get up and down to let the cat in and out.I have a cat flap and it is great as i have 6 cats,they love it they come and go all day as they want and if i have a cat that has to go to the vets i can lock the cat flap so that it can not get out.
Hi jugs, I have two cats and I have a catflap too, it is very handy as they come and go when ever they pleased, and if we are holiday, my neighbours would come in and feed them so they are not out fending for themselves and sllep all day and night indoors, its a great invention for the cats and us humans. Tamara
Hi jugs. Thank you so very much for giving me best response for the is discussion, thanks. Tamara
That would be nice for our two cats. We are renting so we can't put a cat flap in the door. Only have the front door and then sliding glass doors in the back. I bet your six cats love having free acess in and out. When we had about fifteen cats it would have been very nice for them. But they do well with what they have and are basically indoor animals anyway.
i actually have one on my bedroom-so they can come in and out and i can still close the door.just more conveniant that way.
@happy6162 (3011)
I do not have any cats now but when we did have a cat we did not have a cat flap. We just get up and let the cat out. I have a friend who used to have a cat flap and she would get all the stray cats in her house. Something you could go into her house and there would be ten or more cats in there. They got a whole of some friends who live on a farm and they caught the cats and took them to their farm. They block the cat flap up and now only have their two cats.
@doormouse (4619)
i've got an extra big cat flap otherwise my fat cat wouldn't be able to use it
@Anne18 (11036)
We have two cats and no cat flap. I let the cats in and out and got it down to a fine art as I haven't had to change the litter in the tray for more than six months. I wouldn't like a cat flap as I want to be in control of the cats and know where they are.
I would really like to have a dog flap as I my dogs go in and out all day.
@jennybianca (12915)
I used to have a cat flap, until 6 years ago when my hubby moved in. We had to remove it as the cats didnt want to go out the back with his big dog there. Now we have separated and he has taken his dog. I want a cat flap back in. The cats will love it being able to come and go. The problem is, there is now no hole in the door, it being a newer door and I dont know how to put a hole in the door for the cat flap? My cats are only allowed outside during the day.
@ElicBxn (60771)
I have a cat flap that goes out to the cat porch and the cats can come and go to the safety of their porch or inside out of the weather but they don't go away from the safety of the house.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I don't have one, but I have thought about putting one in. After what happened a few weeks ago, I'm sure glad I don't have one!! I had this giant, nasty raccoon get into the garage. The door was left up just a little bit so my outside kitty could go in and out. This huge raccoon fit under the door, and we couldn't get it out. Thank heavens I didn't ever put in the cat flap or it might have gotten in the house. Lol, this thing was so mean that outside kitty didn't even want to go back into the garage. I live in the countryside with a large woods near my house, so I think I'd be more afraid what 'might' come in more than wasting my time letting the inside kitties out.
No I don't have one because we don't let the cats out.They are inside kitties.
@kaylachan (4776)
I don't have anything of the kind. Reason being I live in a one-bedroom apartmeant. Its not safe to let our cats wonder in or out. I do know there are those that think letting their cat out is okay, but living where we do. I don't think so. Our animals are strictly indoors... even though Little bit will try to test his limits.
@drannhh (15080)
Not having a kitty I do not need a cat flap, but my neighbor recently installed a dog flap for his itty bitty chihuahua. Now it can come out and say hi whenever I am in the yard. Before when the little dog saw me he would bark up a storm wanting attention, but now that he can come see me anytime, he just comes quietly up to the fence and watches until I come over and let him lick my fingers. Then I go wash my hands with the soap and water I keep in my potting shed.
@thezone (9451)
Hi Jugjuggs, We do not have a cat flap but we do intend to get one at some stage. Wow you have six cats, I bet the cat flap gets a lot of use. We have five cats so it is a case of getting up and down to let them in and out.