One thing after another...

@Wizzywig (7859)
Its not been a good year for my mum, bless her. She has had a couple of nasty viruses earlier in the year which knocker the stuffing out of her but, she is a determined sort of woman and bounced back... still taking her 93 year old friend to do her shopping etc. Then, a couple of months back, she had a fall and broke her wrist on both the thumb and little finger sides. She is still having physio and finding it very frustrating having to rely on us for transport. Last week she had to have a skintag removed and sent for analysis and now has a sore foot. I took her to the doctors and he thinks she has a stress fracture. She already suffers with osteoarthritis so is now really fed up. She has to go to the hospital in the morning so may miss her Christmas Party lunch at Church. This morning, all she seemed worried about was that she was being "a nuisance" by needing a bit of help. So, this is just a "Bless our aging parents" post really
@jb78000 (15173)
she sounds a strong character and i can understand her feeling frustrated and anxious about being a nuisance just because she needs some help. i hope things get a bit better for her.
@Wizzywig (7859)
Thank you for your good wishes. When she was a child, her parents were told not to expect her to reach the age of 15... she'll be 79 on 16th of this month
@cher913 (25890)
yup! i so know what you mean! my dad passed away in early february so my mom is on her own but she is pretty independant but she is her early 70's and if she fell or did anything like that we would be the ones helping her. hubbys father has altzheimers so thats another whole ball of wax! we are such a sandwich generation because i still have kids at home (still fairly youngish 12 & 16) plus i work...life can get pretty stressful!
@Wizzywig (7859)
My mum's been on her own for almost 8 years and none of us expected her to cope but she's been amazing and has come through the loss of my father, my brother and a number of quite close relatives in that time. My sons have grown up and left home but obviously, when they go thru difficult times, you still worry for them and feel their pain. I come into contact with Altzheimer sufferers at work so see the sort of strain that puts on families. I wish you well with your situation.