More during the holidays

@chulce (1540)
I have been crafting a great deal through out the year, but I realized today, that I have actually increased the amount of crafting I am doing within the last few weeks. It is amazing how many gifts/creations I have already made, but at the same time how many I still need to make or better yet come up with for gifts. Each day, I find myself making and creating more and more during this time of year, do you do the same? Do you feel rushed as if you have missed someone or feel that you need to be prepared for another gift idea for another person who has come into your life?
@Downwindz (2231)
• Netherlands
I think my mum crafts a bit, wher ei tend to try figure out increasing my incomes since im currently unemployed. But my mum is extremly creative especially knitting, and now im even considering to maybe find my drawing articles and make some paitings or something.
@chulce (1540)
That is great that your mother likes to make things. I know how hard it is being unemployed and trying to find ways of earning some extra money to keep things going. It wasn't until recently that I found a job outside my home to do but, it still isn't quite enough so I try and do a few things over the internet that are legitimate jobs. One of which is writing. That is when I have time when I am not working on all the gifts I am still working on right now. Which I will be getting back to after I finish making a few responses here on mylot and taking care of some other home stuff. Good luck finding work. And hope you have a good holiday season.
@Downwindz (2231)
• Netherlands
My holliday season will certainly be great, im going to be with my beloved ones. Can i ask what you are working on right now? It is always interesting to hear what other may craft for presents for thier friends and loved ones...
I have been also. Money has been tight lately and I am making a lot of home made gifts. I have painted a lot of ceramic ornaments and ceramic houses. I am done with the painting. Now I have to make my gift trays which will consist of cookies, candy, fudge and a loaf of bread. I figure if I bake one thing a day I will make my deadline. I am prepared. I make a list of who I need to buy for and then write down what I have bought for people.
@chulce (1540)
Sorry for the late response, that is wonderful. I think that people appreciate homemade gifts a little more. It is the thought, care and love that is put into the gift that truly gives it that extra something when you sit and make it for someone in your life. I have finished all the gifts just about for family and I am now starting to work on the gifts for friends that I will give at work. It is hard to believe that Christmas is only 11 days away now. Wow, where has the time gone.
@cher913 (25895)
i craft pretty much every day or at least every other day but i find that this season i have been so busy making a lot more presents than i normally have. i guess that this is because i have been trying to save money by making gifts this year for the holidays.
@chulce (1540)
I think I have learned my lesson for this year. Since I had not had the time to work on crafts in the past few years. I figured I had plenty of time to get everything done. Boy, was I wrong. Here I sit, with lots to still accomplish and I feel my time is getting cut short minute by minute. Best get back to work on all those crafts. Good luck!
@ladym33 (11009)
I am not very good at crafts myself. I am a good cook and baker though. So I will be making some fudge and my own special zucchini bread for some gifts. I won't have a lot of time to make much else, my son is having surgery next Monday and he has two pre-surgical appointments this week, and then I am sure he will have surgical follow ups after that. It will be hard just to get baking done and all the presents wrapped. Maybe next year I will be more crafty.
@chulce (1540)
Cooking is a craft in-it-self. You have to know how much love to put into every item you prepare. I actually cook to augment gifts when I don't know what to give someone. I will make homemade candies or a batch of cookies or something to give to someone rather than another type of gift. Especially to a new friend that has only just come into my life. It is sooo hard to give to someone when you aren't sure.
@jillhill (37354)
I have been doing alot of crafting....and I am getting close to the end just in time for the holidays....first I do craft shows so I am down to my last order which is 15 Hershey bars dressed like santa....I made 36 sour cream holders filled with candy for my family for our family CHristmas next weekend.....I made all my Christmas cards.....and a few other odds and end....so I am just about finished. I also made 7 post it note holders for my stamping club! Woo Hoo! I can almost see the light of day!
@chulce (1540)
Wow! I must say I am very impressed. I actually tried to do a craft show one time many years ago, but never felt it was for me. So alas, I continue to do crafting for family and friends. Hershey bars dressed as Santa, that must be something to see. :) Happy holidays!
@cutepenguin (6458)
I have been knitting gifts like mad, both for Christmas and because several of my friends have had babies. It's been crazy but fun. I feel like it's more frugal because I am just using things I have (or my friends have) around the house.
@chulce (1540)
Hi cutepenguin, I am that way as well, if I have the extra yarns etc. I try and use them up. However there are a few people that are too difficult to give to, so I break down and find a little something to give to them. I am still currently working on a lot of different projects that are being given to family and friends. I feel it is more frugal as well if I can use things that I have around my home to make new and exciting gifts for everyone!