Its all about Helium!!

Recently I am thinking to start writing articles. I like to read and am interested in writing from a long time now, but never thought about it seriously. I did not have an idea which site would be better to get start with. In Mylot I came across with some discussions about Helium, and I thought may be it would be a good idea to get start with Helium. But the thing is I don't have any idea how the whole thing works there in the site. I could not find anything in those discussions about how it works. So, I need help from you friends. Please explain how it works, and what your experience on Helium. Can you really earn something from your writing in that site?
@mommaj (22894)
You can definitely earn money and Helium is a legitimate site. You need to go to Helium.com and read their information and sign up. I was having problems making money, but this past month I made $100+. I was ecstatic.
Wow, you made $100+ in one month; its really impressive. How many articles you needed to write for that, I wonder. Could you please share that, I would be able to get an idea. Thanks for your response!
@mommaj (22894)
LOL. It was 40+ articles and only $7 was pageviews. The rest was for upfront payments. When you start out, it is a slow road. Be prepared to write alot. Once you get settled into a routine with Helium, you should do fine. At least that is what I have heard from others. I focus on AC because that is where I make the most money.
Hmmm a lot to write before you even think about earning something I guess. I wonder how long it will take to me to write like 40 or more articles as I am very new in writing. Do you keep earning the money from page views as long as those articles are there?