Worst Gift Ever?

@hvedra (1623)
What is the worst gift you have received? Did you pretend to like it so as not to offend the giver? Was it badly thought out - like chocolates when you are diabetic? Was it just generally tacky - like a resin model of Mr T? Did it make you think that the giver was deliberately trying to upset you - something they knew you were allergic to or hated? Go on, spill the beans!
@borg246 (541)
• Malta
Not to be spoilt and unappreciative, but probably, the worst gift I ever recieved in my whole life is a voucher for stationary. I got pretty upset when I recieved this because when I did go to exchange the voucher, he said it was expired and that I couldn't use it. The guy who gave me the present, one of my friends, said that it must have been some mistake and he's sorry and there is nothing he could do about it. Although I dont blame my friend for giving me an expired voucher, recieving a voucher for stationary is pretty lame.
I receive a second hand stuffs and it really insulting as it is not new and have stain on it that from the first time you see it as something not new. though, still need to pretend i like it so the giver would not also becomes embarrass. then i make sure myself every time i like to buy for gift giving, i make sure to buy only new despite it is a cheaper or not,
@hvedra (1623)
I don't mind second hand stuff but as long as it is in good condition. I wouldn't dream of giving someone something with a stain on it or ripped or anything like that.
@squaretile (3833)
the worst gift ever ever ever was a ceramic hat as a wedding gift. in my culture, people give red packets filled with cash as wedding dinner gifts so to help the wedding couple's expenses. but this person gave one ceramic hat as the gift for two people's attendance. usually, that would have been US$150. And the ceramic hat, though he emphasised that it was from England, looked like it was a free gift, or some incentive gift that his company gave him. It is a white elephant and i gave it to my parents cos it was their relative and the money from the red packet was to have gone to my parents so they made a loss because of this lousy gift.
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
My mother-in-law has this habit of buying things that I don't like. Unfortunately, I cannot tell her to her face...it's probably a British thing, I don't know but for 2 things that are naff, half a dozen are ok so I keep schtum. Anyway, there are two gifts I can think of now. The first is a clock made out of the black, volcanic rock from Tenerife...and it's in the shape of Tenerife. The clock face is at the top with these horrible, plasticky numbers and hands on it. The worsed part was she never bothered to buy a battery for it and the clock face has no glass on the front, it really is horrendous. She made me open it up in front of her too, which is something else I hate. Anyway, the second gem she brought round when I was still in bed and after she'd gone my husband said, "Mum has bought us something." My heart sank because I knew from looking at his face that it wasn't good. Eventually, I got downstairs to find this enormous patchwork, quilted bedspread thingy Americans find popular. It was actually quite nice until I tried to place it on either bed (one in each room). The thing absolutely drowned them!! It was a king-sized cover so why buy it for us when she knows it's not going to fit? I've ended up putting it in the airing-cupboard and chucking a couple of things out of there so it would fit in, all folded up!!! I really should try to stop her buying non-useful things but how do I go about it?
@jugsjugs (13045)
The worst gift that i have ever got as a gift was a horrid pair of vases they were from the mother in law as a christmas gift.They were put in a cupboard and over the years they went to a charity shop.She would never have found out as she never comes over.
@pipayst (140)
I don't know. I'm not one to kick a gift horse in the mouth. But I'm very picky when it comes to stuffed toys. I can never seem to get a grip on them and the less interesting they are the bigger hassle it is to keep them.
A mate of mine gave me a cruella DeVille doll and told me it was because she reminded her of me. I love LIVING puppies so i was somewhat offended.
Someone in class gave me papier-mache of poop back in high school. It was the worst simply because it was gross.