Learning from Kids

Kids might say the darnest things at time. Yesterday one kid says the kid in the red shirt is running around and they were right. Some times the kids come home from school and im learning from them as there are new technologies out and about and i would have no idea what i would be doing, but learning from them will help you out in life in the long run. Do you feel you are learning from kids now a days as well? There are times they of course learn things from adults but at times i laern from them.
@mikeysmom (2094)
i just had this kind of discussion yesterday with my son. i am learning so many new things i did not know about through him and his learning/education experiences. books we read together and programs we watch on tv. i am so well versed in topics like sharks, scorpions and things i never had any interest in just because my son is interested and he tells me lists and lists of facts about things he is passionate about. it is a great thing and i enjoy the ongoing learning experience.
Hi lologirl, there are so many things that you can learn from a kid right from his birth. When he is three months old, he tries to lie upside down. He never gives up. You can see his constant effort and the struggle he makes to achieve it. If you are watchful enough as your kid grows, you'll learn good leasons from him.
You hardly find kids these days their age notwithstanding. They are exposed to all kinds tools like the tv, computers, books that they absorb anything fast and behave like adults. I feel sorry for them in a way that they have been robbed of their childhood.
@rjvb26 (2518)
it is ok to learn from kids, at least you know that your kids are learning new things and somethings that you did not even know, and they can share it to you. Exchange of knowledge and skills, is one best way of educating our own children. From school, it is not only the student are learning, but also the teachers, or professors. There are lot of things in this world that we didn't even know. Maybe the student knows something that we did not even know. For example, a teacher is not familiar with the culture on a country, and one of his/her student happen to be from that country, now, the teacher wants the student to report about their culture. The student as directed by the teacher will report, now, who will learn from that matter? Both of them of course, by that, the student will learn to develop his/her confidence and his/her skills in discussing in front of the class, at the same time the teacher learns about the culture of the country, where the child came from. learning is really deep and wide, and learning is not by spoon feeding information to students but bringing out the best on them. The children already have the potentials and the knowledge, the teacher is only helping the students to develop and nourish it. Have a nice day.
there are lot of things which we can learn from kids like thieir innocence, to make people laugh
kids can teach a lot of lessons to adults.I learned to appreciate simple things from kids.I learned to look at the world with bright and positive outlook.kids see the world with bright,positive eyes.I learned not to stop dreaming.kids' dreams changes from time and time,and they have really good dreams for themselves.I learned that even as an adult,I should not stop dreaming for myself.
@happy6162 (3011)
Yes we do learn from children everyday as they learn lots of things in school that were not taught when I was in school. The times are changing and with all the technologies and children learning it at a younger age we as adult can learn about it from them.
Believe it or not, children do have a lot to teach people. You learn how to be patient, you learn how to manage everything, and you learn that your child is literally their own person. Their life, their way of thinking, everything they do, is slightly different from how their parents were as children. My brother and I were different from our parents when we were children, and my nieces and nephews were all different from their parents. No two children are alike.
@maximax8 (27049)
Children have lots of delighful fun in life. Experiences that are enjoyable they seem to treasure. They smile a lot and have good imaginations. They often come out with some charming comments. I think children are so enjoyable to be around. I am a primary school teacher. I learn from my class of children quite often. Children find learning modern languages easy and I wish I did too.
@pipayst (140)
Kids see things a lot simpler than adults so you could learn from kids. I read RD's As Kid's See It and there was an article there that goes something like this: A little boy was coloring a picture of a moose. It's body was purple and had different colored antlers. The teacher walks up and says,"Moose aren't purple." and the boy says,"But I see purple moose!" So the teacher says,"Adults don't see purple moose." The boy pauses on this awhile, thinking on it, then he beams and says,"Well isn't that bad?"