" A Nasty little Heifer"

@cynthiann (18619)
Jamaica
That's what aniquelady would have called her. I thought it, but didn't say it. Last Thursday was the Christmas dinner of the 'Unruly Women' - a women's group that I belong to and we were having dinner at a mega upscale restaurant. At least 35 of us. We got a deal because a large crowd and we had pre ordered in advance so this smoothed out everything. Now let's call the restaurant Luigi's. To cut down on the expense, I had some women in for cocktails before we set off with a designated driver. We were all ages and definitely out to play. I was wearing a new brown dress with a petal hemline that my daughter had bought me last week at Ross' in Tennessee. I wore turquoise accessories and turquoise high heeled sandals with a brown clutch purse. Felt wonderful. #1 Son said if I would lose 30 lb then he could put me up for auction as I looked so good! I hit him. I knew the owner of Luigi's and had helped organise her husband's funeral when he offed himself, but she was not and will never be a close friend. I have also sent plenty of business her way from the Villa I manage. Then in swans this sixty something B movie singer and actress who was flying high on c*ke and joins us saying, that she was the ultimate unruly woman. Thank God she joined us near the end of the perfectly wonderful evening. Let's call her Jane. Before leaving I used the restroom, and on the way back saw the owner. She looked at me and said very condescendingly: "Wow Cynthie. What a treat for you. Luigi's and seeing a celebrity like Jane in one night". Meaning that I should be honoured to eat somewhere so expensive and see a second rate movie actress/singer/model - whatever. So I stared back and said, "Celebrity? Jane is a celebrity? Oh puhlease! I see people who are greater celebrities than her all the time at Villa ---." So I stumbled off in my high heels as they sank int the grass and made what I hope was a dignified exit. So has anyone been condescendingly rude to you lately?
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Hi cynthiann, no, not at all that I can recall in real life but patronisingly rude on here. But brown and turquoise are my 2 favourite colours to wear too so you obvioulsy show exceedingly good taste. I don't know if I'd have been quick enough to come up with the perfect on the moment put down back to 'Jane', the only thing which springs instantly to mind would be 'and what a treat for you Jane as you won't be seeing me again'. I would never go back to a place where someone attemtped to patronise me, and celebrity means nothing in my eyes.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Yes, I should have said something like that. I know that I should not have let it spoil the wonderful evening that we had. Actually a chapter of our group is opening in the U.K. and USA! Celebrities get treated the same as anyone else but they do count on us to be discreet when staying at the Villa - which I am. I love turquoise and brown so much too. My earrings were brown but necklace and shoes turquoise. I so felt good and this heifer has to say something like that. I will not be going there again unless someone is paying for me to eat there.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Priceless story and great come back to Luigi's owner! LOL Good to know you're carrying my torch onwards and upwards, now that I'm confined to living alone in the boonies. LOL We gotta start a mylot 'unruly women's' group so I can keep my skills sharpened. ROFL So no, no one has been rude or consending to me lately and frankly I miss it.*sigh*
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I often read you posts and cannot imagine why we are not friends. I forget things and have really meant to request you as a friend. I am more assertive now that I am older or at least I can appear outwardly in control even though I may be upset inside of me. I agree with your suggestion of a Mylot 'Unruly Women' group and I would like to be a founding memeber. Like your style, lady, like your style.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Well you're on my friends list, I just checked, so I'll just have to stalk you more intently in the future so we can get to know each other better! LOL Thanks for the kind words...... Now, who's going to start the mylot Unruly Women's Club? What fun we could have.....
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
You see I do not get posts from people on my friends list so this has really put a spanner in my works. I only receive two on mt list that I had turned off! The Unruly women will have to wait until New Year for me as I am working two jobs during tourist season. Plus Christmas. If I get time I will pm you our motto.
@paula27661 (15899)
Love the come back! Why can’t I do that? I always think of what I should have said when it is too late! I have been ‘blessed’ by many so called friends, acquaintances and co workers who were nasty little heifers and would get away with too many put down and condescending remarks. There was one who announced in front of a room full of people that her new daughter managed to buy a really cheap looking wedding dress and she thought the new bride got it where I got mine! People like that usually leave me stunned because I cannot fathom ever saying something so nasty to someone!
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I would not have called that person a nasty little heifer but a nasty big cow! She was so rude. The sad thing about these people is that they reproduce!
@paula27661 (15899)
Too true!
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
She was a nasty little heifer & i can think of a more appropriate name for her to. I wish u had stepped on her toes w/those pretty high heels u had on. I hope someone took your picture all dressed up. I hope i get to see it if they did. That was bute of your son to say that. I like to see a son proud of his mom & tells her about it. now back to the bit8ch, i would never go back there nor would i send her any more buisness. She doesn't deserve your help after treating u like that. It was very rude & uncalled for her to say that. Sounds to me like she may be jealous of you, your looks & the fun u were having w/your friends.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Thanks Antiquelady. In my family we use that expression so frequently! I thought of you immediately. Actually, I do not have a picture of it but am wearing it again tomorrow at th Orchid Society dinner. Obviously a different set of people! So I will ask whoever is at home to take a photo of me and send it to you. No I will not be going back unless someone is paying. Not jealous as she is a lot younger than me she was just being herself - a heifer!!
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
hey boo, U know me i tell it like it is or how i think it is anyway, lol. Hope u are having a good weekend.
Thank goodness no one has been so rude to me lately. Of course, a big part of that is probably because I really haven't gone out in the public lately. I've put myself on a self imposed spending freeze and that means that I haven't really been going out a lot lately so that I am able to save as much money as possible. However, were I to be in your situation, I think that my reaction would have been very similar to the one that you had. Job well done!!
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I am getting better at comebacks to people who're rude to me. If I was younger then I would have just walked away and cried
@stephcjh (32328)
Oh yes. There has been rudeness in my life lately also. I cannot stand people who are condescendingly rude to me. I have to get away from them as fast as possible. I do not have the time for rude people!
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I often wonder why they are so rude to people. I just so not understand how people can be this way and wonder why they get happiness from it. It is alien to me. They must be so unhappy.
@ronnyb (6125)
• Jamaica
Well no one has bee rude to me lately and I hope it satys that way .You are eight though because that lady was rude to you after all you have done for her ,she shoul dbe treating you like celebrity and encouraging you to continue bringing her business.The thing though is that some people dont know what to say to others.Maybe she didnt mean anything though but what she said was wrong
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
She knows how to behave but decided to be deliberately rude. I am happy that no one has been rude to you though
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I would certainly hope you don't send anymore business her way, that was totally uncalled for. Yes, I know this one woman who just always has a way of being totally rude. We run into her now and then, her kids go to the same school as mine, and she lives right down the road from our old house. Well my husband was the first to notice her rudeness. I mean we'd stopped and had conversations with her before, but one day he went to the school to see a concert the kids were putting on, and he came home saying how much he disliked her, because she'd said something quite rude and uncalled for. I don't remember what it was now. I didn't think much of it because I hadn't noticed her being rude before. However, early last summer we all went to the library and she happened to be there. The kids were running around trying to find books while I was in a different section picking out some movies. When I finally rejoin the kids she says to us very loudly, "You know there are books on how to behave in a library!" I haven't liked her ever since. Just the other day I went to pick up my daughter from dance and she was saying something about my kids were doing something naughty, but it was the way she put it like "You might want to tell them not to...."
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Yep! That's heifer all right! Probably jealous of you and your family's happiness. I wish that you had told her to check out a book on good mnners as she was in the library!
@Opal26 (17691)
Hey cynthiann! You are such a trip! I so wish I could come and hang out with you just for a day! You have the most exciting life of anyone I know! Your always have such great stories to tell! I still haven't forgotten the one about the celeb who stayed at the Villa, who you still haven't revealed to all of us! I so wish I could come stay with you for awhile and experience life with you! I know it would be so much fun! I love you dearly as a person, friend and I know that we would have a blast! You just never cease to keep us all amused with your "life on the celeb list"! Hugs, Opal
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Oh, now I am blushing. I do not have an exciting life at all - it is just that things happen to me that take me by surprise. I honestly go through life very confused. Thank you so much for your kind words.
some people are just so rude. its mainly becuas eo fjealousy. dont taKE it personally tehyur ethe oens hurting
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Trust me - I am over it now. She has nothing to be jealous of with me she was just being nasty.
@jkcokley (267)
Yes, Somehow I don't believe they actually meant to be rude to me. I guess we all have to take a bit of salt once in a while to taste the sweetness to come.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
You are so right! But this one meant to be rude.
@jillhill (37384)
Oh it's happened plenty of times.....for some reason there are times that I think I have "stupid" written on my forehead under my bangs.....but I am like you.....a good comeback is sometimes the best way to also bring them down to where they belong!
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I should have just looked at her and told her that my friend antique lady would have called her a nasty little heifer!
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh dear, clearly you have never correctly learned how to suck up and act impressed. lmao Honestly, the last time I remember being treated like that was probably in Jr. High School by some smart aleck making fun of the way I dressed. I'd say you handled it pretty well...