do you enjoy african-american literature?

Singapore
I am currently reading Toni Morrison's Song of Solomon. She's a nobel laureate, and the book is based in the US. It traces the story of a boy called Macon Dead, whose grandfather (a free man, in the early days after the civil war) was shot by whites because they wanted to take his farm. There is so much literature about african americans in the early days after the civil war. I think it's quite interesting, and a whole new world from my culture and my geography. Do you enjoy african-american literature? Or is there a specific genre of literature that you prefer?
@kun2349 (23475)
I have always hated literature while i'm in school.. lol =D The only story i knew was about, romeo and juliet.. lol =D The most romantic and touching story, to get me hooked at some point of time.. hehe ^_^ Other than that, or rather, besides that, literature is not interesting to me, and i dun even know the meaning of 'literature'.. hehe
you must be a maths and science type of person then!
@kun2349 (23475)
lol =D NOt really.. I'm bad in MATHS, and science is too complicated.. lol =D I should say i'm a historian?? haha
@ahgong (10066)
Math, Science, History, those are literature too! So, kun, what kinda history are you into? Medieval? Cultural? Civil? Modern?
@ahgong (10066)
There is no one particular genre of literature that appeals to me. I read all sorts of books. From cooking to romance to adventure to fantasy to graphic novels. Of late, I have been indulging myself in investment books. And reading up loads to brush up my investment skills. I hope to one day to build a portfolio that is big enough to allow me to quit my day job without worrying about money! Till then, the rest of the genre will have to wait!