What is up at helium today?

@Canellita (12059)
I just tried to post a new article and I was being asked to log in. I ignored that since I was already logged in and clicked the "write" button and the paste from word tool and it would not insert the text. I also noticed the page has been reformatted and there are these new tabs. You think they could email us when they are messing around on the site and doing things that would interfere with posting new articles? I finally start writing again after a month of too many other things going on and now my momentum is about to get messed up again. And before anyone who doesn't know says to keep composing and post later, if the goal is to post to empty titles you have to confirm the titles are truly empty first before posting or you will spend all your time writing articles for titles that are not empty. I wonder how long this is going to last.
@mommaj (22773)
Helium changed their look. They have a great new look and it looks like it might even be a little more user friendly. Before I say that for sure, I will have to play on it. Don't lose your momentum. I just wrote book reviews for AC which they don't pay upfront for, so I guess I will be putting them on Helium. LOL I have been busy all day getting ready for Christmas. But, I just stopped to play on the computer. LOL
@scheng1 (24948)
haha, at first Mommaj get lose in Helium, and now Canellita also lost in Helium. So funny, maybe both of you can lead each other to have a "helium tour", so that you can find the way around. Now Helium got an extra News section. It will be quite easy to report news, just read CNN/USAToday/Reuters and then combine the keypoints and rewrite the news.
@Canellita (12059)
Well, I did figure out how to post the article as plain text. I hope helium's new changes won't disrupt things too much.
@mommaj (22773)
HEHE. We are the blind leading the blind. LOL I am sure Canellita will bring a flashlight and find her way around quicker. I hadn't got the hang of it yet so maybe this new site will be better for me. LOL
@Trensue (5265)
I have been away from the computer and without power for several days and WOW what changes. I have not even come close to figuring them all out yet. I subscribe to the blog, but I can not get to that either. I guess perhaps later today I will got to community and see what happened - if the power will stay on for more that four minutes at a time. However I am going to have to take a picture of the snowman - its impressive.
@Canellita (12059)
Ugh! No power in the winter? And with snow on the ground? Do you gas heaters or at least fireplaces? I do not envy you. The rain has been hideous but we have not lost power, thankfully!
Trensue, I put some information about Gather on an earlier response in this discussion. If you have any questions about it, feel free to contact me. As for making money, you probably can do better elsewhere, but you can post anything on Gather, which is an advantage. So you could repost older stuff. It's more of a social networking site than a writing site per se. I have just been there a long time, so I have friends who I am attached to and don't leave the site. I have scaled way back, however, with trying to earn money writing.
@Trensue (5265)
thanks for the information. I will give that some thought.
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Canellita, Since this was posted 18 hours ago, i hope something good happened within this period. so were you able to log in and post your article in helium? please don't stress yourself too much my friend. it will soon be fine and i am praying that it happened already!
@Canellita (12059)
It was a little disappointing at first, but then once I remembered that before they had the "post from word" option you had to save your articles as a plain text file I just did that and I was able to post. Of course before I remembered I had started typing the whole thing over manually so I am glad I remembered before I went through all that as I wasn't sure the post was going to take. The things we do for a little survival cash :-)
• Boston, Massachusetts
i always have that confidence in you that you can make it. nothing is impossible with you C. My thoughts and feelings about you did not fail me. i am happy to know this time that you're already fine with your helium concern. cheers to that!
@Canellita (12059)
How are things going with you?
@PeacefulWmn9 (10424)
Hi Canellita. The same thing happened to me. I gather they are in the middle of updating their site, as the colors, too, have changed, so I'm sure it will be running smoothly again soon. I've become so frustrated, though, with how the discussions are rated and how some are written, and one can no longer write to the marketplace at will either. So many times, you must have that writing star, for me it fluctuates, or belong to a group to post to any empty title. And you cannot choose your own subject matter as you can on Associated Content. Karen
@Canellita (12059)
Karen, to submit an article to helium that you have written from your own topic/subject/title you just submit the title first and wait for them to approve it. Once you receive word the title is active you then post your article. Scheng and MommaJ do this all of the time. It is also how people post the stuff they already have up on AC for page views.
Thank you for the help, Canellita. :)
@Canellita (12059)
Lots of people also post their stuff, or rather repost it, on Bukisa also. I ahven't tried that yet but others say it works for them.
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Hello Canellita. I've had problems on Helium for the last couple of days, but it seems fine now. It's loading the pages faster and submitting ratings faster as well. Haven't actually written anything yet, but I think this is one upgrade that's worked well.
@Canellita (12059)
Yes, I was able to post an article this morning with no problems. The best thing is I just got the paypal email about this month's helium payment!
@nishdan01 (3055)
In the log in page (that is your My Helium Page) had highlight yesterday saying that the site will undergo modifications yesterday. That is supposed to be a reminder that the site underwent moodifications and they do it once in a while. New modifications are user friendly or not, I am not sure. Let me see how it works. However, I saw that my charity donation turned 0 and I am not sure how that happened.
@Canellita (12059)
My computer keeps me logged in so I guess that is why I did not see anything, but not everyone visits the site daily. It would have been nice to get a notification via email just to know what to expect. We'll see what effect the changes have.