What would YOU do?

@jesssp (2742)
If your were in the same position as Tiger Woods' wife what would you do? Would you stay put for the millions or run for the hills? It's been all over the news lately so it's been pretty much impossible not to catch bits and pieces of the story. Although the reported numbers have been a little inconsistent the general consensus is that if she stays she gets millions and millions of dollars for agreeing to stick around for a few more years. She also has to sign an agreement stating that she will never tell her story. If I were in her position, and assuming that this was all a surprise to me, I would take any money offered for immediate 'dismissal' and run. Even if it was only a paltry few million I would rather take that and dial down my lifestyle than stay with someone who did that to me. My children and I would always be taken care of and still be able to live a life most people only dream of. And aside from that there's no way my self respect has a price tag. And maybe after it was all said and done I WOULD write a book, since I wouldn't have signed anything saying I couldn't! So what would you do if you were in Elin's shoes?
@cripfemme (7718)
I'm sorry, but I put Tiger in the same category as Bill Clinton (although he's cuter). If you're cheating on me and everybody on the planet knows about it, I'm getting a locksmith that day. Infidelity is one thing. Making me look foolish is another matter entirely. Maybe, however, his wife is not as mean as I am.
@jesssp (2742)
I'm with you completely on that. Not only did he disrespect her and their marriage he humiliated her in front of the entire WORLD! It's bad enough when 'regular' people have to deal with things like this but can you imagine going through it in front of the planet? Ug, I can't even fathom that.
I would do the same as you. No way would I put up with that just for the money. That's horrible, ethically-wise (if you ask me) and to be honest, in the relationships I've had..MONEY has never been all that important to me. I feel like DIGNITY is WAY more important than money. Besides that fact, I'm sure she'd get a pretty big chunk of change as it is just for divorcing and leaving NOW instead of waiting for a certain amount of years. No way. I would never stay with anyone that cheated on me, unless I was totally DESPERATE for the money. And I'm sure with leaving right away, she already gets a million dollar or so settlement. I would take the money and run with it. And find myself someone who wouldn't treat me like that!
@jesssp (2742)
To me once you start talking in millions (billions) of dollars the difference doesn't mean as much. If she gets 5 million instead of ten, for example, I'm sure she can make do. It's just such a ridiculous amount of money it doesn't even really mean anything anymore, it's just a number. I just read today that she has left and good for her. You're exactly right, it's about dignity and he pretty much stripped her of that. Self respect if worth more than whatever insane number he could throw out there. Money has never been important to me in a relationship either and I hope that it never, ever is.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I don't really know all of what's going on. I try really hard to avoid celebrity gossip, I don't see the sense in it. They're humans just like us, and I sure wouldn't want my dirty laundry aired to the whole world like that! In any case, I'm assuming he cheated on her? At least I did hear a rumor similar to that. I also heard she beat him up... but I don't know. I rarely ever believe rumors like that, because half the time they aren't true. I guess I'm with you. I'd just leave and take my alimony payment with me. Nothing is worth sticking with a guy who has cheated, or whatever else it is he's accused of doing.
• Mexico
Hi kats meow: I don't like gossip news but you finally hear about this issues. Lol. XD. I completely agree with you and i am against how the press coverage the private life of the clebrities, i mean, it's not fair how they buy their newspapers with these kind of stories but they keep doing just because every scandalous news sells. Thanks for sharing with us your opinion. Have a nice day. -Alvaro.
@jesssp (2742)
Well, there's definitely truth in that. For me it's merely a way of passing time during a boring work day. And with most celebrities I have little sympathy as the public scrutiny does come with the territory. However I do feel bad for someone like Tiger Woods' wife because she really did nothing to deserve this intense public humiliation. Which I suppose makes me a hypocrite for discussing it but oh well, at least I admit it! But ya, he apparently cheated on her with as many as 10 different women for the whole length of their marriage and she was unaware of any of it. Reports are saying she's packed up and left him, she bought a mansion in her native Sweden and made the right choice - her self respect rather than millions and millions of dollars.
I've been in a relationship where I've been cheated on, and I find it very difficult to believe that a woman can be cheated on, and be totally oblivious to it! There are red flags all over the place, obvious signs, hints... it doesn't take much to start having doubts, and a woman's doubts are usually true!
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
IF I loved him and IF he was really sorry and swore never to do it again and IF he followed through on his words with deeds that showed that he was truly repentant and intended to change, maybe I might stay and give him another chance. Money would have nothing to do with the decision though.
@jesssp (2742)
I think that those ifs kinda go out the window after it's 10+ women and affairs spanning the whole length of the marriage. But ya, if it was one indiscretion or moment of weakness then it would be something that could be worked through. And money would have no bearing on my decision either.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
I would take his sorry a$$ to the cleaners & get the heck away from his cheating self.
@jesssp (2742)
Agreed. And it sounds like that's just what she did!
• Mexico
Hi jessp: first of all, i think Tiger Wood's wife position is just complicated because in she has to decide between her dignity and her social, economic and almost affective stability that she used to have. For me, it's hard to decide but it's better to keep your dignity and that means she must leave Tiger because of what he has done to her. It's all about self- respect and then as you said she can write a book and continue with her life. Money it's not everything. Thanks for starting this discussion everybody is talking about this now actually. Have a nice day. -Alvaro.
@jesssp (2742)
She will still get more money than most of us will ever see in a lifetime if she leaves right now (which reports are saying she has). For a normal person then the decision isn't as cut and dried because things like money do have to be considered but in this case she's taken care of no matter what. So it really is a case of extreme greed vs. self respect. I'm pleased to see she chose self respect.
@smartjack (521)
You are absolutly right. Going away with the money will be a good idea. Money will help you to live a life which other people can only think of. After all to buy anything in this world and live a comfortable life, money is important. Of course relationship are important but at the same time importance of money is not less. So i agree with you.
@trisha27 (3505)
I know I wouldn't stick around either. No matter how much money was offered to me. I wouldn't care. That was just wrong of him to do that to her is my opinion. What is love if you're going to cheat on the person that promised to stay faithful with you forever and is the father of your kids.
@mzz663 (2775)
I would seek out a good attorney and get out of there. If he's done it once, he'll do it again and her having to sign papers to stay? no way! She could probably make more money writing a book about her life with him and all of his indiscretions. Either way, she's going to end up with big money....I guess it would boil down to staying married to someone that could care less about the sacredness of a marriage and living the way he wants her to live or her possibly finding what she wants in life with the freedom to do it. I'd choose freedom.
@jesssp (2742)
Once would be one thing, but TEN different women? I don't think so.
@mzz663 (2775)
Seems that both of them are staying tight lipped about it, everyone is talking about them while they reveal nothing. It's possible that they could have an open relationship or she has known about all of this beforehand and just gave up. Sometimes money talks louder than actions. Maybe this answers the question for us on what Elin would choose....to marry for love or to marry for money....seems her and her twin sister had just bought a home in Sweeden for something like two billion dollars....
@skysuccess (8882)
jesssp, Other than trying to recover from a shock equivalent to the collapse of the twin towers, I would have to think for the family as a whole - especially 2 tender young children. I am sure that your thoughts and after considerations here is predictable but I am gonna play the devil's advocate to remain by the side of the betrayer. Yes, I know what you are gonna say and I am not the one wearing the dress here. But, isn't marriage all about being there in sickness and in health; through the pressures of the present and the uncertainties of the future where we promise to be faithful to each other. I know how the betrayed will feel but I just do not think there is anything better at the other end. It is not all about the pain but lessons to be drawn and learned here. I mean, how can we be preaching about love when we cannot even forgive? Patience when we run away when the going gets tough? And since when do we need to submit into chauvinist's line of thought where it has to be the man protecting the family? Bet my last dollar here that women are equal to the task as well, if not, BETTER! Opportunities cannot be taken if there isn't any chance and there would not be a chance if it is not offered in the first place. Have a nice day and compliments of the season.
"P.S. I love you.": “One advantage of marriage is that, when you fall out of love with him or he falls out of love with you, it keeps you together until you fall in again.” - Judith Viorst.
@jesssp (2742)
That is definitely the optimistic way of looking at the situation. And if this was one isolated case of infidelity and weakness I would be willing to accept that as a way to look at the situation, but this wasn't just one. In this case there were as many as TEN different women and the affairs spanned years, pretty much the entire length of their marriage. To me that shows that he had no respect for his wife or their marriage and never did, and likely never will. I could not ever forgive that. And being humiliated in front of the entire world isn't something I could get over either.
@dragon54u (31617)
As you can tell, I'm way behind in answering my friends' discussions-again! I guess he's going to give up golf and devote himself to his family. Elin apparently wants to stay with him and he must feel the same way because the word is that he will not play golf anymore. I hope things work out for them.
@jesssp (2742)
I think it's possible that fame went completely to his head and he let it get totally carried away. That much money can do funny things to one's head. Hopefully if she decides to stay with him he is able to turn it around and take this reality check seriously.