Is mankind spiriutally evolved enough to handle the secrets of the universe?

As man kind races on its course to discover everything it can about our world and run any experiment science deems fit like creating black holes or gravity generators do you think we are morally and spiritually evolved enough to handle these kinds of technology? Look at what was done with the knowledge to split the atom and now we are generations ahead of that knowledge. It only make me wonder how long we can grow in our technology without ever developing in our spiritual and moral side without heading into certain destruction of the entire human race.
Mans nature seems to always lead him into darkness. Such technology as the super collider that will produce the black hole is one more step to self destruction.
Thank you for the reply. Welcome back to mylot also I haven't seen you around for awhile. Experiments like CERN are pretty scary and while someone will say oh that wont happen the truth is they have already had a "accident" and have no idea what the long term fallout of it will be. Will the earth eat itself and flip inside out? Probably not but still I cant help but wonder what plans are being made that this will be used as the next Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
@1hopefulman (27468)
History shows, that if some madmen had gotten their hands on some discoveries ahead of more rational men than the madmen, we would be in an even worse situation than we are. The world still has their madmen today. What would they do if they had their hands on some very destructive discoveries? I really think that if God wasn't exercising some control we would really not be very far from "the end of the world." As long as He's there, I'm not worried, come what may.
thank you for the reply, yes I know God is still in charge but the fact is he still lets humanity learn from their own mistakes also, what if this is one we wont be able to undo?
@bird123 (10484)
I don't see any great danger from the experiments being done today. God does have safeguards in place. Example. We can not corrupt people on another world until we have the capability to travel the great distances between planets with life. By the time we can, we won't. This world has been thought out far in advance than man can see.
thanks for the reply, its not other worlds I am worried about its ours.
@ToughTate (143)
I totally agree with you that mankind isn't ready for such advances because there hasn't been any internal(spiritual) change in our overall race to deem us worthy. People need to stop moving so quickly in their lives and learn to enjoy and respectively take in the world and the universe around them, as "we are a way for the cosmos to know itself"(Carl Sagan).
Thank you for your reply.