Secret Santa @Work

Do you work with others and participate in holiday gift exchanges, often called "Secret Santa" -- we are doing it and have a limit of $15. The person whose name I have has requested something homemade. I am not incredibly crafty but was thinking of makign a homemade candle, perhaps some potpourri and baking some cookies. Does anyone have any good ideas for simple homemade items?
@kykidd (6824)
My sister and I made homemade treats this year. It was the first time I had ever made them, and it was so simple. The main thing was chocolate dipped pretzels. We bought the block chocolate at our local grocer. Then melted it in the microwave. Start out with 1 minute, then put it back in the microwave in 15 second increments until it is in liquid form. Of course, you don't want it too thin. Then drop the pretzels in the chocolate. Pull them out with a fork and put them on wax paper until the chocolate hardens. You may have to stir them around a bit. We made both chocolate and white chocolate. We also made buckeyes, which were very simple as well. The ingredients were butter, flour, peanut butter and of course chocolate. Although, I don't remember the exact amount. But I am sure you could look up a recipe on the internet. \ Good luck in finding that perfect gift.
Great ideas, thanks!
@winterose (39931)
I love that tradition but we really do not do it here in my family. I am always the poor relative left out. But that is okay. My son and I have christmas dinner together and that is all that counts.
Yes, a good family meal is also nice, even if the rest of the family leaves you out. Being with those you love is the meaning of Chrismas! Merry Christmas!
@MJay101 (711)
I hate 'Secret Santa' - it really bugs me. But I do like the idea of homemade gifts. How's your cooking, or baking? You could bring along a nice cake! If it were me, I'd really appreciate the gesture.
We did secret Santa one year, it was pretty fun. You can always go to Bath & Body or to a candle shop and find something inexpensive for your gift exchange.
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
No, i don't participate in anything like that but i think it's real nice. If i was i would have to cook something for them that's about all i could do. u could always make a nice casserole ready for the oven & let her cook it when she was ready, cookies will be nice to. Merry christmas.
@winterose (39931)
thanks for best response hon
Anytime, thanks for your comments. : )
Baking cookies is pretty safe. I'd do that. However I work in an office that dictates a strict non-denominational code so we are not allowed to do xmas stuff, or holiday stuff of any kind. We actually are picked to work on holidays.