Whats the best way to get referals?

Hey whats up mylotters I would like to know whats the best way to get referals. I know I have gotten a few here and I have got my friends as referals is there any other good ways. Traffic exchanges dont really do me any good and im too cheap to pay for advertising even though I may have to. Any other suggestions?
• Brazil
You can run a blog with a nice content and use that to get referrals. But a warning: CONTENT IS KING. Traffic exchanges sometimes might work, but a user that came for the content quality you're offering will produce much better results. Don't forget about providing support to your referrals.
Ok cool I will make the content on my page a bit better it is pretty plain. Thanks for the advice because these traffic exchanges are not working. What do you mean support for your referals should I pay them like an offer site does?
• Brazil
You can do that, but what I mean is to answer questions, produce real useful content, update him with information (the site is now a scam? the site now gives bonuses? new functionalities and so? tell him!) and so on...
Ok cool thanks yeah I need to put more updates on my site like payment proffs etc.
I say find a forum that ask what is a best way to get money and post a link and explain whether you got paid or when you got paid and what you do to get money for the site.