A Blue Saab

@p1kef1sh (45640)
I am a sentimental old fool I know. But it is with a tear in my eye that I learn today that the Swedish Car maker Saab is to be wound up by its parent Company, the Detroit giant, GM. I have never owned one, but did for a while covet the sleek Swedish siren, and now never shall. But most of all I am concerned for our friend Fjaril - whatever will he do now that his blue Saab maybe the last of its kind?
@catdla1 (6005)
I think he should store it in a climate-controlled garage, polish it every day, and just wait for about 20 years. Then he can sell it to a collector for an ungodly sum and retire in style.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I think that he will like that idea. Of course he'll need something else to get to the store with!
@catdla1 (6005)
I knew he should have kissed that frog that landed on his hand. He might have gotten 3 wishes out of the deal. A lot could have been done with those wishes....
hi pikefish ah you just have a soft heart, I always thought that those did look kinda neat too.So they will be no more. I did not know that GM owned them, how odd, but thats the beauty of mylot as I learn something every day here. So fjaril has a blue Saab well I bet he will cherish it even more knowing he cannot replace it with a new one. thats sad kinda too when you think about it.
@catdla1 (6005)
I wouldn't be too surprised if a last minute deal is made with one of the parties that have been negotiating to purchase the company. Saab has such a long history it really would be a shame if it ended.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Oh no poor fjaril what is he going to do now I am not to keen on Saabs lol but I suppose some People will miss them
@p1kef1sh (45640)
They are really Vauxhalls in disguise and with a higher price tag Gabs. But I didn't tell you that! XXXX
@gabs8513 (48716)
Well then P1ke I would certainly never entertain one as I hate Vauxhalls they are the most unreliable Cars I have ever come across
@gabs8513 (48716)
well I just don't like it I am sorry but yours must be a nice one Gissi is sending hugs back to you he has warmed back up again now Why can't I give P1ke the Hugs for you Well I am going to give P1ke one anyway (((((P1ke)))))))) as he is a wonderful Friend So am I forgiven now that I said your Car is nice?????
@ElicBxn (60884)
I always have thought fjaril was female, it means "butterfly"
@p1kef1sh (45640)
If that is the case then "she" is a very masculine woman Elic.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I guess so, but I'm not disappointed, just the opposite - since I AM female...
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
um, you're gonna be sorry you asked... he's gonna saab.....
@p1kef1sh (45640)
and Saab and Saab and Saab.
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
anybody need some kleenex?
@bhanusb (5709)
This is a game of the giant companies.They count their profits and losses. I feel for fjaril.But there are many fjarils. Your tears will make a stream.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
They already do Bhanusb. They already do.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Well he could wait 25 years, keep it in mint condition and auction it back to a Swedish collector on E-Bay and buy a Mercedes with the profits! LOL GM has dropped a lot of lines this past year and many favs are going to the scrap heap. Such a shame..............
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Buy a Mercedes Sparky. As a colleague once told me when I suggested such a thing to him: Why buy a car that almost every country in the World uses as a taxi? (Cos it's reliable I suppose is the answer).