The Fallacy Of The Right To Health Care

@gewcew23 (8011)
Do you have a right to health care, well yes you do because you have the right to voluntary engage and disengage in trade just as you would if you were in a Walmart. So the right to health care is not what you really want but the right to free health care. By declaring this your right clash with someone else's rights, the doctor's rights to voluntary engage and disengage in trade and the rights to the fruit of his or her labor, because your rights demand the doctor to give you free health care. So what you really want is the government to pay the doctor for you. True the doctor's rights are not violated because his or hers time is being trade for government money, and the doctor has fruit for his or hers labor, but now we have someone else's rights violate, everyone else's right to their fruit of their labor. How does government pay for everything, taxation, health care is not an exception. So to pay for your free health care government must rob from every one's fruits of their labor. Here is the problem rights cannot clash and still be a right. I have the right to life, but if you say you have the right to kill me, our two rights clash. So for you to have a right to free health care you must clash with my right to the fruits of my labor. Which right matters the most though. Well my right to the fruits of my labor is a passive right, my rights to my labor does not aggrieve on you. You right to free health care does aggrieve me. So for you to achieve your right you must violate my right but the other way is not true.
@Latrivia (2889)
From what I've seen, the "right to health care" is often cited from the Preamble of the constitution: "promote the general welfare". Honestly, though, the Preamble is not a list of rights. It's a preface to the constitution to encompass what we can expect from the laws that will establish rights. Even if it were, it does not promote the "general welfare" to force you into getting health care, nor does it help if there's a risk of serious financial turmoil caused by it.
@gewcew23 (8011)
My answer to the promote clause I would say simply I do not care. Rights do not come form government. If there was no government would you still have rights? I think so.
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
The general welfare clause is commonly over stretched, almost as bad as the interstate commerce clause is. The writers of the constitution did not at all mean the general welfare clause to be taken as far as it has. It was only meant to be used with in the confines of the consitution itself, not to justify everything that could benefit people. When I have questions as to what our founders meant in a certain part of the constitution, i don't need a constitutional lawyer to interpret it for me, I go right to the source, I go to the authors themselves. So what did the authors of the constitution have to say about the general welfare clause? "Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated." — Thomas Jefferson "If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the general welfare, the government is no longer a limited one possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one subject to particular exceptions." -James Madison And probably the most telling in what they didn't mean by general welfare "With respect to the two words ‘general welfare,’ I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators." — James Madison
There is no right but what can be given under the constitution, the right to free health care just says that people who don't have it "want" it. I will not work my butt off and fail my health so somebody can just waltz into a hospital and get free care. Besides it won't stop there, pretty soon they will have a right to live like you, enjoy the things you work hard for, I don't think so.
I totally agree with.
@Destiny007 (5820)
You are entirely correct. The problem simply boils down to the fact that there are a whole lot of people that think they are entitled to whatever they want while everyone else pays for it. All this entitlement mentality does is create government dependency at the expense of the tax payers, and ruins our economy in the process. SSA is going broke, and Medicare already is.... and the proposed healthcare legislation is going to increase the costs for everyone, when the entire ideas was to lower costs. That is what happens when the government gets involved... the costs go up, and the quality goes down.... and it is going to happen with healthcare if it isn't stopped..