mine!

Two nights ago I decided to go ahead and wrap all my daughters gifts. She is too young to really know Christmas as she is 14 months so she didnt grasp the idea of "my presents" but oh was i wrong. I didnt think she would really notice "mommy is wrapping my gifts in front of me" Well i had wrapped probably 5 or 6 and was about to move them to the room when all of a sudden she walks up grabs one of the presents and says "MINE!" and runs down the hall with it.. Now I was blown away! It was so cute. I had to wait until she fell asleep to hide them all in my closet for christmas morning. Has this ever happened to you? Does your toddler grasp the idea of christmas?
@mentalward (14695)
That is such a cute story! I can see your daughter doing that now. My sons never understood the concept of who gets what when they were toddlers. They just kept hoping there were more presents under the tree for them after opening each one. I was very careful about wrapping and hiding everything after they had fallen asleep. They "caught" me in the act the night before Easter one year. Until then, they honestly thought there was an Easter Bunny. I was fixing their baskets when I heard some giggling coming from the top of the stairs. I looked up and there they both were, peeking down the stairs at me. So, they knew who the REAL Easter Bunny was but had yet to find out who Santa really was. I never actually lied to them about Santa, though. They questioned why there were so many Santas all over the place and I told them that they were "helpers" because Santa was so very busy and could not be everywhere at once. I told them that Santa was the spirit of Christmas and he needed these helpers to do all the things that needed to get done before Christmas day. It either confused the heck out of them or they were gullible enough to believe it. Whichever it was, they never asked again.
that is cute! My step sons who are 8 and 9 came home saying "santa isnt real" and even though they know that, id rather my daughter figure it all out on her own so i told them they werent allowed to say that in front of their sister, Though right now she isnt even old enough to really grasp santa, but soon she will be. Funny part is My youngest step son thought "well if there isnt a santa why cant i go christmas shopping with you" lol it was cute but i never realized how much thought kids put into this kind of thing lol
@mentalward (14695)
Kids are a lot smarter than we usually give them credit for! Not only are they more intelligent, they can also be brutally honest, much to our embarrassment. LOL
@anetteh (3591)
• Sweden
wow, kids do surprise us when we at least expect them to. I cant say I have experienced this before..you have a great kid there...and for shore have to watch her closely so you do not miss out those unexpected things...lol
luckily i work from home so i get to see every good and bad moment :)
@ladym33 (11007)
Mine were all pretty astute about it. They seemed to know if something was for them. I have found that I have to start wrapping at night after they go to bed and usually every year I end up having to pull an all nighter of wrapping so that I don't get caught. Yesterday the kids were all sleeping in late so I attempted to pull out a couple of things and wrap them and my 5 year old came down and busted me. Things were still in bags but he loves Thomas toys and that familiar blue color was peaking out one of the bags, and he got all excited and I had to tell him that Santa buys most of his presents, but sometimes Mommy buys him something too, and that he needed to go back up stairs or it would ruin the surprise. Lucky for me he actually did go back up staris with out argument, this was good, but I was still busted.