crime and violence!!!

@DOLLYBABY (2534)
Crime and violence have been on the increase recently,what is a possible solution to this problem? my point of view is based on the youth.young adults I think the possible solution to this problem is for the government to provide employment opportunities for young people to keep them off the street and stop from doing crimes.also to facilitate them in training center tp provide skills training opportunities for them.what is your view on this discussion????
@fifileigh (3619)
i think it is important to educate others on the matter. teach people how to handle stressful situations in a positive way so to productively work out their problems. when people become frustrated because they dont know or are not able to handle and fix their problems, they tend to become violent or abusive in their frustration that they cant do anything right. so, start programs in your communities, schools and religious institutions in order to teach others how to productively handle differently situations while staying calm. write self-improvement books on certain issues. blog tips on your site. education is the first step. then, realizing there is a problem is the second step. as soon as the person realizes there is a problem, they are willing and ready to take action to do whatever they can in order to fix the situation by getting the help they need for certain individuals who are able to help them, whether community center, hotline, or some kind of institution.
@apexiph (123)
Hi. This is the news that I almost hate to hear. Why people must act like that. Lack of education? Need of life? That's all was just an excuses. Just put yourself as the victim of the crime. How do you cope with it? Think about it. Live in peace world make a world like heaven.. :
Public education is a problem if you ask me. A lot of the misfits from the public education system, who are dumped out without further consideration and help, sometimes turn into criminals (at least in the urban setting I grew up in). Another thing is also the general public's parenting skills going down the drain. Not to say that it's always the parents fault when their kids "go bad", but it seems to be pretty.. prevalent that that's the case! Obviously people could try to buff up on their parenting skills a little bit. Whenever I'm at a store, or at the gas station, and I hear people swearing at their young children..I cringe. I'm scared that these kids are going to grow up on the wrong path just because their parents aren't behind them like they should be. *sigh*. Another thing to keep in mind is that there's no way to get rid of crime completely. Some people are just BAD apples, whether they're kids or adults, and there's no real helping them unfortunately. And one more thing I should mention before I wrap this up, is that in my city, this year (so far) compared to 2008, crime rates have actually drastically dropped. No idea why this is, but I thought I should point it out, because crime rates aren't increasing everywhere, then obviously.
@cholo23 (77)
I have to agree with you on that. That is a very good solution. But in a country like ours, where poverty is too much. Even though we have these programs, facilitation in training center for skills training and employment opportunities, our government can't sustain these needs. As long as there are oppressors in this world, especially in the government and the greedy businessmen, crime and violence will not decrease.
@NetWorth (17)
There are government programs out there like that. Unfortunately the problem is, the troubled youth still do not take advantage of the programs and still turn to crime. The problem is not with the government, but with the parents. The parents do not know how to be parents and improperly bring up the troubled youth, thus leading to crime. We need government programs to teach parents how to be...parents.