Does It Feel Like Christmas?

@erikmama (12935)
Merry Christmas!! It doesn't really feel like Christmas to me this year. Don't know why. I've showed lots of enthusiasm around my kids while inside feeling like it is going to be any other day.. It is weird, Christmas is my favorite holiday, so I don't know why that spirit hasnt hit me this year. Some places have 3 or 4 foot of snow, others freezing temps. We've had a few days of cold weather, and today it was 58!! Xmas day high is 50. Christmas iss uppose to be cold to me. Has anyone else like it isnt Christmas time?
@goldeneagle (6776)
It never really did feel like Christmas to me this year. Of course, since I have reached adulthood, it never really does. Christmas is usually just another day for me. I am a Christian, and I believe in Jesus. I know that Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus, and that it is meant to be a happy time, but for some reason, I usually have a hard time getting into the "Christmas spirit" the way other people do. I had the day off yesterday, and I just relaxed most of the day, then cooked dinner for my wife last night, but that was the extent of our celebration. Of course, the fact that she has been sick for a few days now, and the fact that I had a backache most of the day, put a little bit of a damper on our holiday spirit, but we usually don't do a whole lot for Christmas anyway, so it really wasn't a big deal. I was in a little more of a "festive" mood this year than I was in at Christmas for a while. Maybe I am starting to get that Christmas spirit back a little more each year? I guess I will have to wait until next year and see how I feel on Christmas then LOL
@erikmama (12935)
Well, I hope that this Christmas was a good one for you. I know that it did not feel like Christmas for me either, but t was better than last year when I posted this discussion!
hi erikmama Merry Christmas . try living in a place where its never much below fifty five in the day time and sometimes it is 75 like here iN Garden Grove Ca. We have all the street decorations up too but it does not seem very Christmasey and too they put them all up before Halloween.that is so silly. I think by the time christmas day comes we are sort of tired of it all. he he.
@erikmama (12935)
Merry Christmas! This discussion is over a year old now, but since it is just after Christmas, I thought I would still go ahead and respond to these as I am trying to clear my unresolved discussions. I use to want to move to Florida, but the main reason I changed my mind is because I am so use to 30 degree weather in the winter, Christmas would not be the same, so I can completley relate to what you are saying about that.
I didn't feel the full effect of Christmas this year either. I am used to feeling full of joy and love for the holidays, but for some reason this year a lot of that was missing. The weather wasn't quite right to feel like Christmas and because of job losses and overtime being cut throughout the year, there wasn't nearly as much money to spend on Christmas as there has been in the past. Yes, in retrospect it was a very good holiday and my children enjoyed it a lot, but it still just wasn't the same to me.