Do You Know The Dream?

@erikmama (12934)
Do you, right now, know Martin Luther King Jr.'s " I Have A Dream Speech" Has this made an impact on your life?
I think that not only Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech has made a difference on my life, but I think that the entire Civil Rights Movement made an impact on the way that my life has been. I was born far after the Civil Rights Movement, but because of that I was able to grow up in a world where the people were more even than those of the generation before my own. My best friend in college was a black woman who is now a veternarian and many of my other friends throughout my life have been people from different ethnic backgrounds than my own. I think that his speech and the movement that he led were very effective. I also realize that there is still a long way to come for complete racial equality, but every step in the right direction is a good thing.
I know Martin Luther King.But I had never heard of his "I Have A Deeam Speech".