Christmas has come and gone,in retrospect:

@ronnyb (6120)
Jamaica
[i]Was the day a good one ,a bad one or indifferent ?.Was it worth the hype ?,did you spend too much or just the correct amount?.Any plans for next christmas? How will you spend Boxing Day? [/i]
@carolbee (16241)
Christmas day was a good one. We spent it at home and then later with friends for dinner at their house. Food was great and it's always a fun time. We spent Christmas Eve with our kids. Unfortunately our youngest daughter lives in a different state so we didn't get to see her family but spent Thanksgiving with them. They drove to see the other side of the family for the holidays. We did spend alot this year since we gave our kids cash. Everone was happy so it turned out good. They can shop til they drop now..lol
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
That sounds like thw way you should be spending the holidays with friends and family .Wish that next year is great too
@carolbee (16241)
Thanks. Thank you for the best response. Hope you have a great year.
@suzzy3 (8357)
We had a quiet day with my Dad over ,we all ate to much ,drank to much and spent the afternoon asleep ,we don't have any little kids anymore so it tends to be quiet but it went well and everyone enjoyed themselves.Boxing day was very busy with the grandchildren over great fun but very exhausting.Dad came over as well he loves to see his great grandchildren.Christmas eve we went to my sons with his kids and had a party it is know the day after boxing day and I am trying very hard to clear up all the christmas mess.Looking back it was great.
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
That sounds like a great day .I hope that next year will even be better
@suzzy3 (8357)
I am so glad your back.
It was great but I didn't do All the things I usually would do. Before I would see a couple Christmas movies and a few Christmas based shows but I didn't this year. I had a good time anyway!I don't celebrate Boxing Day.
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
Ok happy that you had a great time and I wish that next year will be even better.Thank you for responding to my discussion
I wish the same for you. Happy New Year!
Next Christmas I hope to be in my own home. I may be living here at my parents till, but they wont mind. I hope to find a new home and maybe a boyfriend that would like to share his life with me. I didn't even know there was a boxing day.
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
I wish you will have your own home by then and you will be happily married as well with your boyfriend .Boxing day is the day after christmas.Have a good day my friend
@stephcjh (32327)
I had a pretty good Christmas, considering. I guess it was worth all of the hype here. I did spend too much but I will cover that soon. I bought an unexpected gift for my daughter. I have not made plans for next Christmas yet. I am not sure what I will be doing on boxing day other than working online.
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
Happy to hear that christmas was well for you and hope that it gets even better next year even though you havent made any plans for it
@lyzabelle (1668)
Christmas always had a soft spot in my heart no matter what. It's just different now because we are facing so many problems right now. Too many destructive natural calamities and i can't feel happy knowing tat many people out there is suffering and my heart is bleeding for them. I just pray that their Christmas is much better.
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
Yes it seems that these day Christmas is overun by problems but we need to be mindfull of those who have less than we do and who are really going through really tough problems.Thank you for answering my discussions
@jillhill (37383)
It was wonderful. The weather was crappy but we just stayed inside. My son and his family came to celebrate and spent the whole day here. It was more then worth all the hype if that's what you want to call it....I guess it's all in our own mind what we want to call it...So what is boxing day?
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
Happy to hear that your christmas went well,its the best time to be around family ,boxing day is the day after christmas
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Quiet christmas day, home alone,i spent more than i should on my grandson but not sorry i did, don't do boxing day & to think about next christmas gives me a chill, lol.
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
Mine was the same quiet day at home and like you I wont be celebrating boxing day as well.I knwo your grandson will be very appreciative .I think it will be teh same when it comes to christmas
@audrey7 (233)
• Jamaica
I always enjoy Christmas. AS a christian it is a gentle reminder of of God's love.It is also my mother's birthday so it is very important. It is always a time of celebration. This is the first year I had not spend no money, things are very "thin". I have not reflected on what to do with regards to christmas of next year. I plan to be on the net. By the way Robbyb Have a wonderful new year and continue to post interresting dicussion.
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
Yes I can see how this season would be very special to you because you have more than one reason to celebrate it
@peavey (16866)
We had a very low key Christmas this year as to gifts, but my daughter and her family from out of state were able to be here for the first time in... over 10 years. They've always visited during the summer, but this was the first Christmas in that length of time. We had a good time, lots of talking and laughing and eating... and eating. ;)