If you miss a day of Facebook, do you go through the whole newsfeed?

With the holidays and all, I've been missing a day or so of Facebook. I find that I don't want to miss a single thing from all my friends or family, so I do go through the entire news feed (well, actually the live feed - the news feed omits quite a bit) when I finally get on the computer. Sometimes it takes forever to scroll down to everything, but I'm glad I get to everyone somehow. Do you go through the whole news feed on Facebook when you miss some days on it, or do you just skim through it and not deal with it?
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
I wish I had the time to do that. But between myLot and Yuwie and Multiply and Myspace and Facebook and Ning, no way no how can I keep up!
You are one busy person!! Hey, I'll have to check out some of these sites you've mentioned . . . I've never heard of of Yuwie, Multiply, or Ning . . . I must be so totally out of the loop! I'm concerned I might get hooked on them though - hee hee.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Mostly I'm busy on myLot. lol Multiply was my first home on the web. It's where I keep my pictures. Check it out if you're interested: rddcn.multiply.com Yuwie was one of the very first social sites that pay you. I have a lot of blogs over there. I've kind of lost interest though. Not so much the pay, which is really low (it's referral based), but just all the politics and so many of my favorite people have left because of one thing and another. Ning is a site where you can set up your own little private network. I have something like 8 friends who have set up Ning sites. I can't keep up with them. :-)
Cool - thanks for all that info, dawnald! Yep, you sure sound busy - hee hee! I have no home on the web . . . I guess I have many "homes" - including myLot! I'll check out your link when I have a chance. Yuwie sounds like a lot of other sites people leave . . . but interesting about a paying social site - even if it is low. I guess where I'm at in life right now, I don't need a "network", but I suppose it's always good to build one up - especially when I go back into the work force in about 5 years. Too many places to visit online!!
@chookie1971 (2277)
So far I have not missed a day of facebook since I have really got into it. One of the first things I do when I get up is log onto facebook. If I go out, same thing. I always look back to see who has done what over the time I have not logged in.
Hee hee - I would normally be like you and not miss a single day of Facebook, but I have been so busy with the holidays and taking care of our newborn. So I've had to miss a few days of it this month (and that's unheard of from me - hee hee). My morning computer time also included Facebook - isn't it addicting? It's nice just being able to scroll through a news feed instead of individual emails!
What the most bad thing about facebook. It does get that addictive that everything else suffers. lol
I agree - isn't it crazy? Somehow the time just slips away and the chores don't get done. We've let Facebook run our lives - ha ha!
i very often to go facebook and its a really a very good portal. and i like a social networking website. where you can meet new people and discuss with tham
Yes, Facebook is a most excellent social networking site. I don't go there to meet people though. It's a place to keep in contact with friends and family all day and everyday! So do you go through all of the news feed when you log on?
@mnflower (1305)
Hello honestly i never look at the news feeds I just do the status updates, if I get gifts or anything real important that I may miss my friends and family will send me a message on there. Most of the news is people sending you gifts and the such.
Oh - the news feed is the first thing that pops up after I log in on Facebook and that's what I go through before doing any status updates. Do you really not go through any of it? I see the "requests" for any gifts and sometimes in the "notifications" if I bother to look through that anymore.
@cher913 (25895)
i like to see what my friends and family are up to so i generally go through the first page of news feed just to see what is going on. it keeps me up to date with everyone.
Do you go through only the first page or do you go through the older ones as well? I have gone through several of the older pages so I don't miss anyone's updates (it took a while). I like to see what everyone is up to too . . . oh - and do you go through the news feed or do you switch it to live feed? With live feed, there seems to be more info on everyone, not just Facebook select.
@sweetlady10 (3620)
I usually do go through the news feed, and I like that feature. But if I visit face book after few days then it gets so trouble some to go through. Because lots of my friends use those games on face book and they post every updates; those updates makes it so long and overwhelming that important updates get lost there.
I usually go on Facebook everyday, but I just haven't been able to because I've been so busy getting ready for the holidays. So, I've had a lot of reading to do - and like you said, it can be troublesome to go through all of them. For me it's only been a couple days worth, so it hasn't been truly bad. I guess those game application updates allow me to scroll down faster - hee hee - yah, they are annoying, aren't they?