New Year's resolutions vs. Birthday resolutions

@tawny_24 (351)
My last discussion was about New Year's resolutions. One response I got surprised me because they said that they started thier resolution in December. I too start my resolutions in December because my birthday is on the 11th and for me that is the start of my new year. Does any one else think of thier birthday as the first day of thier new year? Does anyone else start thier resolutions in December? What would it take to get everyone excited about birthday resolutions?
If people really do want to change something about themselves, they should change right away. It shouldn't be because it's new year or it's your birthday.
@tawny_24 (351)
I agree that if you are really motivated to improve then you just do it. No excuses and no procrastinating. It takes 21 days to break a habit.
I've never heard of birthday resolutions, but it certainly makes sense. I have never made any though. I'm constantly making new years resolutions, though, but never birthday ones. Who knows? Maybe this year I'll start!
@tawny_24 (351)
I think that a birthday resolution is good for two reasons. 1) it is better than a wish. Wishes might or might not come true, but a resolution is a commitment to make something happen. 2) birthday resolutions are less pressure than New Year's resolution with out all the hype and expectations to quit. Because that is what New Year's resolutions are all about, starting them on the first of the year and then being burnt out by February. And everyone is like "eh,whatever". Birthday resolution doesn't have any stigma about quiting or giving up around it so you are more likely to keep it up.
@ladym33 (11009)
I have never had a Birthday resolution before. I kind of gave up on New Years resolutions years ago. My husband and I are going to start a diet on January 4th. I want to lose about 10 or maybe 15 pounds and I will be happy. My husband needs to lose around 20 or 25. But we are not making it a resolution just an attempt to be healthier.