Man in the Mirror

@erikmama (12934)
This is by far my favorie Michael Jackson song. He did such a reat job singing it with such heart and compassion you felt the words. And who can forget the video Some of the most heartbreaking scences you'll ever see in a video. You really wanna go out and change things. Do you cry when you see this video? Whats your favorite MJ song and why?
Many people dont know that Michael did not write Man in the Mirror' It was written by Seidah Garret, who worked with Michael often. He may have been better off making her a permanent part of his entourage. She was obviously very talented and could have brought valueable help to the table. Seidah wrote many songs for Michael, including Keep The Faith from the Dangerous album. You should try that one. My favorite Michael song is Stranger in Paradise and Earth Song, both off the History album, which is obviously my favorite album. My ringtone is "They Don't Care about us"
@mjcookie (2274)
They Don't Care About Us is amazing! I love the beat! I also love the video; I cannot forget the part where he was knocked down by the woman who couldn't control herself anymore. I've memorized it a few months ago because I just love that song very much. Well, I love most of his songs. As long as it is from Michael, I LOVE it.
@mjcookie (2274)
And about the Earth Song, it just makes me shiver. And the video, it just slaps every person on the face to take action for the environment. The last part where he was almost yelling, that is just perfect. Fantastic. People should listen more to songs like that.
You inspired me to dig the song out again and listen to it again. It's been a long time since I've heard it. However, I have to admit that it is one of my favorite Michael Jackson songs because it always inspires me to try to do something to help the world as a whole. It isn't just the video itself that does it, it is the lyrics of the song that inspire you to do something. There are so many people that are hurting in this world that can easily be helped by the most simple of gestures from people that have more than they do. Thank you for the reminder.
@erikmama (12934)
Well i am glad you are going to give Michael some play!!!! It is a great song..he has so many good ones though. This is a truly amazing song though with a touching video. I dont think anyone coulda done this song but Michael,because he is such a caring person. It really makes you you wanna go out and change the world. If we only could!!!!
@mjcookie (2274)
Ah! This is the most beautiful song that he had ever recorded among the other already spectacular songs that he had. I've memorized this out of continuous playback in my laptop, and I still don't get sick of it. Hearing this gives me shivers, it's just very enchanting, and yeah, it really makes you wanna make a difference in this world. Very motivating, coming from the King of Pop himself. The song's relevance doesn't fade out. MJ touches hearts with his music because he sings from the heart. His music will forever live on. RIP Michael...
@erikmama (12934)
I know!! It is a great song!! The vieo is what really gets to me,combined with the passion inside of Mike.He does touch the hearts of everyone.
@mjcookie (2274)
And because of that, I'll be watching that video right now...!
@KompitaPita (2053)
• Bulgaria
Hi, Erikmama. I love Michael Jackson and I am his fan since I heard about him....it was when I was just 5 years old. 'The Man In The Mirror' is the most favorite songs. This song can really touch my heart and I think the video is also heartbreaking. The words are...really realy very good and I love the melody also. I listen this song almost everyday, you know, this song is beauty, and Michael's voice is amazing. We have an instrumental of this song and sometimes we are singing the song. We should listening the words careful and should 'make the difference for good'. We should try to help other people and not to hurt others. But first...we should ' Better look at ourselfes and then make a change.'
@Sharon38 (1916)
• Jamaica
I love all his songs. to chose a favourite is really hard. I love "You Rock my World", "Rock with you" and "the way you make me feel". I love the video for "smooth criminal" and "leave me alone" makes me feel tearful because he just wanted to be himself, I guess. My daughter's favourite is Heal the World and I love it too. It makes me wonder how much deeper could this guy go.
@erikmama (12934)
There will never be another MJ. With the music we have available today nmoone will ever even come close to his amazing voive. It is true he has got some great songs.Picking a favorite is really hard.I guess with MJ it all depends on the mood you are in... The Way You Make Me Feel is one of my favorite... I love the beat on They Dont Care About Us... Man in the Mirror for 1000 reasons... Micheal was so great!
@dhysanne (451)
Lately, "Man in the Mirror" became my favorite. I sing this song in parties whenever there is a videoke. And my favorite lines are "if you wanna make the world a better place.. take a look at yourself then make the change..." If you sing this song you will really feel the message of the song. And you will truly say, Michael is really a great artist. It is sad that people begin to appreciate a man's life when he is already gone. Actually, all of his songs are great!
@callarse1 (4793)
I really like that song. You are right, it's so touching. I know he didn't write it himself, but whenever I hear the song I always get this tingling feeling all over me. I like "Beat it", too. He was really a remarkable artist. So, is Man in the Mirror your favorite Michael Jackson song?
@erikmama (12934)
I don't know if it is my favorite. It really all depends on my mood. He has so many great songs, all with the feel good vibe and heartfelt vocals. I love listening to it most of the time, but there are other times when id rather hear The Way You Make Me Feel...
@CatGods (4596)
No I don't cry any more when I hear his songs. But I do find the song man in the mirror very inspiring. I think every one needs to do their part in making this world a better place to live. Compassion for each other and our planet is what is needed. As for my favorite song/video, it's remember the time. I like it because I have loved ancient Egypt every since I was a little girl. I also like Leave me alone because I like the beat of the song. I love Michael and I miss him very much. And to all of you MJ fans you can get all of your favorites MJ pics for free here www.mjjpictures.com
@erikmama (12934)
Thats a crazy video for remember the time...but it is a great video. Man in the Mirror is one of his best songs ever.He puts so much heart into every song he sings.Add the video to this one and its heartbreaking!RIP Mike!
@iwrite (5042)
erikmama for me "man in the mirror" is a gift from Michael Jackson. I think none of the other songs, not just from him but anyone else even come close to what emotions this song can bring out. It is also very empowering, you are not helpless, if you hear it again you realize, to change anything, it all start from yourself. Cheers.
@erikmama (12934)
I couldnt have said it better.Michael just had so much heart and emotion in the song,he makes you want to make a difference.
Man In the Mirror is my ultimate favorite Michael Jackson song. everytime i listen to this song i got teary eyed i dont know y but the way he sang this song it make me feel very emotional. michael's emotion in this song is just so strong that it can affect to someone else's emotion. amazing singer... i love him!