Canine Toilet Traning

how do you teach puppies toilet traning? it is my first time to take care of a puppy and man am i so excited! i bought an english-american bulldog yesterday and i named him Macho! He is so adorable. I only hope to be a good master for my puppy. Can anyone here teach me basics on toilet training? I cant keep on wiping pee and poop in the wrong places...
@ravinskye (8242)
I've trained quite a few dogs. Crate training is what worked best for me. You keep them in a crate that is just big enough for them to move around and lay down but not much else. They don't like to sleep where they pee so it keeps them from going in the cage. I would take the dog straight from the cage out to pee, then let him run around a little bit then go back in the cage before he gets the chance to pee on the floor. I would keep doing this each day increasing the amount of time he gets to run around. After a few weeks he was able to be out for a few hours before he had to go back in the cage as long as i took him out often enough.
i sure do learned a lot! thanks!
@lilaclady (28240)
I think one of the ways is to take the puppy outside after eating I have also heard of putting paper down on the floor and gradually moving closer to the door leading to the back yard....but i do think taking the dog outside after he eats sounds good.
wow! i'll most certainly do that... thanks!
@Java09 (3085)
Well,I have a lhasa apso,and he was very hard to house,I got to the point that I had to take him out every two hours.I stuck with doing that and it worked for him.I should have done that from the start.You puppy sounds very cute.I looked at pictures of american bulldog pups because I was curious about the breed.Good luck with your pup!